* [RFC] Security design of SE-PostgreSQL (2/3)
@ 2007-02-16  5:35 KaiGai Kohei
From: KaiGai Kohei @ 2007-02-16  5:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: selinux; +Cc: jbrindle, russell

Hi,

In recent days, I'm making progress in development of SE-PostgreSQL.
I found some issues on the work.
The followings are the issues and solutions which I planed to take.
I want any comment, idea and suggestion.

2. about Loadable module

PostgreSQL allowed to load dynamic link library.
It has a possibility to mess up the access control of SE-PostgreSQL no need
to say, so we have to restrict loading them by the security policy.

I have an idea to add the following access vector for the purpose.
  1. allow (context of client)   (context of database)   database:load_module;
  2. allow (context of database) (context of shlib file) database:associate;

The second is a mimic of 'filesystem:associate'.

You can obtain the latest SE-PostgreSQL source code from:
    http://code.google.com/p/sepgsql/source
and the sample security policy is here:
    http://www.kaigai.gr.jp/pub/selinux-policy-2.5.2-5.sepgsql.src.rpm

KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp>