* Phis in /proc/bus/input/devices same for all devices?
@ 2007-02-21 21:24 CIJOML
From: CIJOML @ 2007-02-21 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-users, marcel

Hi all,

I use 2.6.20-mh1 patch and would like to differ devices based on Phis, but it
is the same for all devices??

I: Bus=0005 Vendor=045e Product=007c Version=0035
N: Name="Microsoft Five Button Mouse"
P: Phys=00:0D:88:8E:AB:2F
S: Sysfs=/class/input/input19
H: Handlers=mouse1 event6
B: EV=7
B: KEY=1f0000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
B: REL=103

I: Bus=0005 Vendor=045e Product=007b Version=0039
N: Name="Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard"
P: Phys=00:0D:88:8E:AB:2F
S: Sysfs=/class/input/input20
H: Handlers=kbd event7
B: EV=12000b
B: KEY=10f80 44007 ffe01878 800d7ff febeffdf f3cfffff ffffffff fffffffe
B: ABS=700 0
B: LED=107

I: Bus=0005 Vendor=046d Product=b3e3 Version=2503
N: Name="Logitech Bluetooth Mediapad"
P: Phys=00:0D:88:8E:AB:2F
S: Sysfs=/class/input/input21
H: Handlers=kbd event8
B: EV=12000f
B: KEY=7fff 2c3027 bf004440 0 0 1 10f80 8807c007 ffe67bfa d9415fff febeffdf
ffefffff ffffffff fffffffe
B: REL=40
B: ABS=301 0
B: LED=1f

Shouldn't be there it's BDADDR?

Thanks for reply

Michal

* Re: [Bluez-users] Phis in /proc/bus/input/devices same for all devices?
@ 2007-02-21 22:06 ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2007-02-21 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: CIJOML; +Cc: bluez-users

Hi Michal,

> I use 2.6.20-mh1 patch and would like to differ devices based on Phis, but it
> is the same for all devices??
>
> I: Bus=0005 Vendor=045e Product=007c Version=0035
> N: Name="Microsoft Five Button Mouse"
> P: Phys=00:0D:88:8E:AB:2F
> S: Sysfs=/class/input/input19
> H: Handlers=mouse1 event6
> B: EV=7
> B: KEY=1f0000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
> B: REL=103
>
> I: Bus=0005 Vendor=045e Product=007b Version=0039
> N: Name="Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard"
> P: Phys=00:0D:88:8E:AB:2F
> S: Sysfs=/class/input/input20
> H: Handlers=kbd event7
> B: EV=12000b
> B: KEY=10f80 44007 ffe01878 800d7ff febeffdf f3cfffff ffffffff fffffffe
> B: ABS=700 0
> B: LED=107
>
> I: Bus=0005 Vendor=046d Product=b3e3 Version=2503
> N: Name="Logitech Bluetooth Mediapad"
> P: Phys=00:0D:88:8E:AB:2F
> S: Sysfs=/class/input/input21
> H: Handlers=kbd event8
> B: EV=12000f
> B: KEY=7fff 2c3027 bf004440 0 0 1 10f80 8807c007 ffe67bfa d9415fff febeffdf
> ffefffff ffffffff fffffffe
> B: REL=40
> B: ABS=301 0
> B: LED=1f
>
> Shouldn't be there it's BDADDR?

please post this question to LKML. I am not sure that is the right
approach. Currently we fill in phys and uniq like this:

        strncpy(hid->phys, batostr(&src), 64);
        strncpy(hid->uniq, batostr(&dst), 64);

Maybe the input or HID subsystem should be changed to also export the
uniq values to udev.

Regards

Marcel

* Re: Phis in /proc/bus/input/devices same for all devices?
@ 2007-10-30 14:51                 ` CIJOML
From: CIJOML @ 2007-10-30 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcel Holtmann; +Cc: Dmitry Torokhov, linux-kernel

Hi Marcel,

are there any patches available to support uniq? I really want to have easy
setup of my 2 same diNovo desktops keyboarad sets each with different keymap
etc...

Dimitri thank you a lot for support so I can push Xguys now ;)

Michal

@ 2007-10-30  3:52               ` Dmitry Torokhov
From: Dmitry Torokhov @ 2007-10-30  3:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: CIJOML; +Cc: Marcel Holtmann, linux-kernel

--
Dmitry

* Re: Phis in /proc/bus/input/devices same for all devices?
       [not found]           ` <d120d5000702220709j9c98delcdf9a45e298ac39f@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2007-10-29 22:29             ` CIJOML
From: CIJOML @ 2007-10-29 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dmitry Torokhov; +Cc: Marcel Holtmann, linux-kernel

Dne čt 22. února 2007 Dmitry Torokhov napsal(a):
> On 2/21/07, CIJOML <cijoml@volny.cz> wrote:
> > Dne čtvrtek 22 únor 2007 00:00 Marcel Holtmann napsal(a):
> > > Hi Michal,

> > > it makes sense to make it analogous to the USB driver, where the phys
> > > includes the USB path. The equivalent for Bluetooth is the source plus
> > > destination.

> > > I don't know how "Phis" suppose to work, but I might think it is better
> > > using vendor and product ID for matching.
> >
> > Xorg just reads lines from devices and match devices against it. So Phis
> > makes configuration easier ;), because only one line is enough to match
> > device.
>
> They can get vendor and id from /proc/input/devices as well. Plus I
> will export uniq in /proc/bus/input/devices and then yo can ask X guys
> to allow matching on uniq as well.

Hi Dmitri,

I watched at 2.6.23 and this is still not done yet. Are there any patches
available to use???

Thanks a lot for reply

Michal

* Re: Phis in /proc/bus/input/devices same for all devices?
@ 2007-02-21 23:02         ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2007-02-21 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: CIJOML; +Cc: Dmitry Torokhov, linux-kernel

Hi Michal,

> how can you differ what is src and what is dst, when device can connect
> first time from hub to keyboard and later keyboard to hub?

the source is always the host (meaning the adapter) and the destination
is always the device.

@ 2007-02-21 23:02         ` CIJOML
       [not found]           ` <d120d5000702220709j9c98delcdf9a45e298ac39f@mail.gmail.com>
From: CIJOML @ 2007-02-21 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcel Holtmann; +Cc: Dmitry Torokhov, linux-kernel

Dne čtvrtek 22 únor 2007 00:00 Marcel Holtmann napsal(a):
> Hi Michal,
>
> > I need this for differing Option "XkbModel" in Xorg, so I can bind to
> > each device it's model and has correct xev's scancodes based on model. So
> > I prefer to have as Phis just only BDADDR, because for me this doesn't
> > make sense to have there device to which keyboard connect. Then I should
> > have 1 section for each receiver, which is stupid.
>
> it makes sense to make it analogous to the USB driver, where the phys
> includes the USB path. The equivalent for Bluetooth is the source plus
> destination.
>
> > Section "InputDevice"
> >         Identifier  "Bluetooth Keyboard"
> >         Driver      "kbd"
> >         Option  "Name"  "Bluetooth HID Boot Protocol Device"
> >         Option  "Phis"        "BDADDR"
> >         Option      "XkbRules"  "xfree86"
> >         Option      "XkbModel"  "dinovo"
> >         Option      "XkbLayout" "us"
> > EndSection
>
> I don't know how "Phis" suppose to work, but I might think it is better
> using vendor and product ID for matching.

Xorg just reads lines from devices and match devices against it. So Phis makes
configuration easier ;), because only one line is enough to match device.

> Regards
>
> Marcel

Michal

* Re: Phis in /proc/bus/input/devices same for all devices?
@ 2007-02-21 23:00       ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2007-02-21 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: CIJOML; +Cc: Dmitry Torokhov, linux-kernel

@ 2007-02-21 23:00       ` CIJOML
From: CIJOML @ 2007-02-21 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcel Holtmann; +Cc: Dmitry Torokhov, linux-kernel

Marcel how can you differ what is src and what is dst, when device can connect

@ 2007-02-21 22:54     ` CIJOML
From: CIJOML @ 2007-02-21 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dmitry Torokhov; +Cc: Marcel Holtmann, linux-kernel

I need this for differing Option "XkbModel" in Xorg, so I can bind to each
device it's model and has correct xev's scancodes based on model.
So I prefer to have as Phis just only BDADDR, because for me this doesn't make
sense to have there device to which keyboard connect. Then I should have 1
section for each receiver, which is stupid.

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Bluetooth Keyboard"
        Driver      "kbd"
        Option  "Name"  "Bluetooth HID Boot Protocol Device"
        Option  "Phis"        "BDADDR"
        Option      "XkbRules"  "xfree86"
        Option      "XkbModel"  "dinovo"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

and so on for every other BT keyboard I own.

Michal

       [not found]     ` <d120d5000702211443t4ef35436k2f32d8009289d5cb@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2007-02-21 22:48       ` CIJOML
From: CIJOML @ 2007-02-21 22:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dmitry Torokhov; +Cc: linux-kernel, Marcel Holtmann

Hi Dmitry,

there are correct values, but not in
/proc/bus/input/devices, where is value non of my devices owns.

Michal

@ 2007-02-21 22:37   ` CIJOML
       [not found]     ` <d120d5000702211443t4ef35436k2f32d8009289d5cb@mail.gmail.com>
From: CIJOML @ 2007-02-21 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)