From: "S.Çağlar Onur" <caglar@pardus.org.tr>
To: "Antonino A. Daplas" <adaplas@gmail.com>
Cc: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>,
	Pavel Machek <pavel@ucw.cz>, lkml <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>,
	spock@gentoo.org
Subject: Re: [BUG] at drivers/char/vt.c:3332 do_blank_screen() on resume
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 14:10:00 +0200	[thread overview]

22 Şub 2007 Per tarihinde, S.Çağlar Onur şunları yazmıştı:
> 22 Şub 2007 Per tarihinde, Antonino A. Daplas şunları yazmıştı:
> > Ah, and you have fb_splash too.  That's why the tracing was not what I
> > expected it to be.
> >
> > Try using video=vesafb:noblank to disable hardware blanking and find out
> > if you can still reproduce the oops.
>
> I'll try and also will try to reproduce with vanilla one.

Sorry for long delay, here are some more test results;

* using video=vesafb:noblank _sometimes_ causes hard freezes on resume, and
_sometimes_ X can't start properly (it enters a weird "switch vt1 - wait for
some seconds - switch vt7" loop and after ~10 minutes X starts magically!)
whenever this happens system starts to become really unresponsive and dmesg
and Xorg's logs shows nothing strange :(. I will try an older kernel with
noblank to see its related or not.

* If system resumes normally with noblank (it can sometimes :)), dmesg shows
no error at all, X starts normally and system works well.

* I cannot reproduce that BUG with _vanilla one_ but please note that i cannot
easily reproduce that with patched one also (it occurs only once for ~20
suspend2disk/resume cycle)

I'll try to test more and trying to reproduce, if i can find anything else
i'll knock your door again :)

Cheers
--
S.Çağlar Onur <caglar@pardus.org.tr>
http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~caglar/

Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates and an Apache in house!