* Re: OS info please
       [not found] <45ED64DC.7070209@blueyonder.co.uk>
@ 2007-03-06 20:53 ` Hamish Moffatt
From: Hamish Moffatt @ 2007-03-06 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: richard; +Cc: linux-hams

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 12:55:56PM +0000, richard wrote:
> Hi Hamish, I sent this to linux-hams, but it hasn't appeared.
> As I expect it would be you who could answer this I'm sending direct to
> you as well.
>
> Hi all,
> I'm pretty sure I've hit a problem with the way Mandriva dynamically
> handle devices and also a
> lib that isn't packaged libasound2-devel.
> I've looked for it on the ALSA site, but dont know which of the packages
> includes it.
> The alternative is to move OS s as libasound2-devel. is available as .deb

I'm sure that it is available, but probably the name is different.

I think it may be "libalsa2-devel"? I found mention of such a thing at
http://www.cyberknights.com.au/mdv2007p0/Development%7CC.phtml

> If I did which of the debian versions/clones can be configured to allow
>
> running of gnome 2.16, K3b some of the KDE photo apps,
> as well as having wsjt , I think that has been packaged as a .deb
> and as I like sitting in the shack watching the occasional film
> LinDVD.
> recent kernel
> And hasn't got that horrible bug of alsa resetting on Delta 44/66 cards
> to a clock speed of 8 KHz
> so all pcm sources playback at nearly half speed
>
> don't ask for much do I ?

Debian etch (to be released very soon, but you can run it now) has GNOME
2.14, wsjt, recent KDE (I don't know the exact version). No idea about
the ALSA bugs.

I couldn't even find a way to get a list of included packages on
mandriva.com. Frankly I think you would be better off with a
distribution that has a bit of community behind it.

Hamish

* Re: OS info please
@ 2007-03-08 19:44   ` Bernard Pidoux
From: Bernard Pidoux @ 2007-03-08 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: richard, linux-hams

Hamish Moffatt a écrit :
> On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 12:55:56PM +0000, richard wrote:
>
>> Hi Hamish, I sent this to linux-hams, but it hasn't appeared.
>> As I expect it would be you who could answer this I'm sending direct to
>> you as well.
>>
>> Hi all,
>> I'm pretty sure I've hit a problem with the way Mandriva dynamically
>> handle devices and also a
>> lib that isn't packaged libasound2-devel.
>> I've looked for it on the ALSA site, but dont know which of the packages
>> includes it.
>> The alternative is to move OS s as libasound2-devel. is available as .deb
>>

> I'm sure that it is available, but probably the name is different.
>
> I think it may be "libalsa2-devel"? I found mention of such a thing at
> http://www.cyberknights.com.au/mdv2007p0/Development%7CC.phtml
>

>> If I did which of the debian versions/clones can be configured to allow
>>
>> running of gnome 2.16, K3b some of the KDE photo apps,
>> as well as having wsjt , I think that has been packaged as a .deb
>> and as I like sitting in the shack watching the occasional film
>> LinDVD.
>> recent kernel
>> And hasn't got that horrible bug of alsa resetting on Delta 44/66 cards
>> to a clock speed of 8 KHz
>> so all pcm sources playback at nearly half speed
>>
>> don't ask for much do I ?
>>

> Debian etch (to be released very soon, but you can run it now) has GNOME
> 2.14, wsjt, recent KDE (I don't know the exact version). No idea about
> the ALSA bugs.
>
> I couldn't even find a way to get a list of included packages on
> mandriva.com. Frankly I think you would be better off with a
> distribution that has a bit of community behind it.
>
> Hamish

Package list is easy to find through Mandriva Control Center. It offers
a mean to find either an rpm package name or a file name  or a name in
the description file.
I found that package installation or update process are very easy
through MCC.

The second way is to use the command line urpmi application.

The third way is to browse any Mandriva ftp mirror looking into media or
contrib directory
For example :
http://ftp.lip6.fr/pub/linux/distributions/Mandrivalinux/official/2007.0/i586/media/

You can also look at ordered list :
 http://ftp.lip6.fr/pub/linux/distributions/Mandrivalinux/official/2007.0/i586/media/media_info/depslist.ordered
and perform  a key work search.

73 de Bernard, f6bvp

-

* WSJT rpm package by lz1bb
@ 2007-03-08 21:11   ` Bernard Pidoux
From: Bernard Pidoux @ 2007-03-08 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-hams

Hi All,

I noticed that Harry LZ1BB has released a new RPM package for WSJT.

http://lz1bb.bfra.org/wsjt/wsjt-5.9.6.r309-2.i586.rpm

73 de Bernard, f6bvp

* OS info please
@ 2007-03-06 10:24 richard