* netlink regression (since 2.6.18)
@ 2007-03-07 22:28 Stephen Hemminger
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2007-03-07 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adrian Bunk, David S. Miller; +Cc: netdev

On a Ubuntu x86_64 machine the command:
  tc qdisc ls
gets a RTNETLINK error. It looks like some data structure alignment
issue got introduced between 2.6.18 and 2.6.19-rc1 and continues on.
Since netlink data structure layout is part of the user ABI, we need to go back
and keep compatibility.

Still working out the bisect to find where the problem started.

--
Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@linux-foundation.org>

* Re: netlink regression (since 2.6.18)
@ 2007-03-08 21:28 ` Stephen Hemminger
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2007-03-08 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adrian Bunk; +Cc: David S. Miller, netdev

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 14:28:30 -0800
Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> On a Ubuntu x86_64 machine the command:
>   tc qdisc ls
> gets a RTNETLINK error. It looks like some data structure alignment
> issue got introduced between 2.6.18 and 2.6.19-rc1 and continues on.
> Since netlink data structure layout is part of the user ABI, we need to go back
> and keep compatibility.
>
> Still working out the bisect to find where the problem started.

Never mind, it turned out that NET_SCHED wasn't configured on that machine.

--
Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@linux-foundation.org>