* Re: [t2] [ANNOUNCE] T2 SDE 6.0.3 - "Spring Fever"
@ 2007-04-02 10:11 Rene Rebe
From: Rene Rebe @ 2007-04-02 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sparclinux

Hi all,

just wanted to drop a note that the UltraSPARC ISOs of the T2 minimal-X.org
LiveCD did finish, finally (takes some time to buid on a 360MHz CPU ...)

  http://osiris.tfh-berlin.de/mirror/t2/stable/6.0.3/minimal-desktop-live-sparc64/
  http://www.t2-project.org/

The 300 MB sized ISO is a LiveCD with quite recent modular X11R7 with barely
more than the system and X basics (Firefox is included, though :-).

Tested on my U5 and U10, thus known to even properly bring up a Sun
Creator 3D.

On Wednesday 28 March 2007 15:37:55 I wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> we are pleased to announce the maintenance release T2 SDE 6.0.3 named
> "Spring Fever".
>
> It also comes with some updated packages, but mostly security updates, bug
> fixes and some improvements!
>
> The release primarily focus to iron out all known LiveCD issues for smooth
> building of custom T2-based LiveCD/DVD and USB sticks.
>
> Prebuilt Live ISO images of the generic-minimal-X.org-desktop are available
> for x86, x86-64, ppc, ppc64 and sparc64 will follow, soon:
>
>   http://osiris.tfh-berlin.de/mirror/t2/stable/6.0.3/
>   http://nexus.tfh-berlin.de/t2/binary/stable/6.0.3/
>
> Please note our roadmap and known issue lists at:
>   http://www.t2-project.org/releases/
>
> For more information please check out the full anounncement below.
>
> = About T2 >
> T2 is not a common Linux distribution - it is a flexible Open Source System
> Development Environment, allowing the creation of custom distributions with
> bleeding edge technology.
>
> With T2 you can define targets for various purposes, ranging from embedded
> Linux systems with a few MB of size over server configurations to a full
> desktop system featuring X.Org foundation, KDE, Gnome, OpenOffice.Org and
> many more. Those targets can be compiled for use on the most common
> architectures: Alpha, ARM, AVR32, Blackfin, IA64, HPPA/HPPA64, IA64,
> MIPS/MIPS64, PowerPC/PowerPC64,  SPARC/SPARC64, SuperH, x86/x86-64 -
> theoretically any GCC/Linux supported one.
>
> You can find more info about T2 at http://www.t2-project.org/.
>
> = T2 6.0 Tree (Branch) Overview >
> This release includes bug fixes, security fixes, updates and even some
> improvements to the SDE. Most notable are:
>
>         * updated GCC 4.1.2
> 	* improved LiveCD support
> 	* enhanced X.org pre-configuration
>
> You can find more info about the 6.0 series at
> http://www.t2-project.org/releases/6.0.html
>
> = Getting T2 6.0.3 >
> The source tarball of 6.0.2 release can be found at:
>
>   http://dl.exactcode.de/t2/t2-6.0.3.tar.bz2
>
> or via svn:
>
>   svn co http://svn.exactcode.de/t2/tags/6.0.3 t2-6.0.3
>
> ISO images of minimal T2 for sparc64 where created with this release and can
> be found, as usual at:
>
>   http://osiris.tfh-berlin.de/mirror/t2/stable/6.0.3/
>   http://nexus.tfh-berlin.de/t2/binary/stable/6.0.3/
>
> Important note: we recommend to use 6.0 branch to stay up-to-date with
> the latest bug-fix and security updates, you can grab it:
>
>   svn co http://svn.exactcode.de/t2/branches/6.0 6.0-branch
>
> Previous 6.0 installation can be updated from this source via the build
> system running:
>
> ./scripts/Emerge-Pkg -system
>
> = T2 6.0.3 Changes >
> Generated statistics (6.0.1-> 6.0.2):
>
> There where 129 changesets with 271 lines of commit messages.
> Approximately 84 packages got updates, 39 issues fixed, 84 packages or
> [...]

  +49 (0)30 / 255 897 45

only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-04-02 10:11 UTC | newest]