* PowerMac hack breaks Efika
@ 2007-07-02  8:17 Robert Millan
From: Robert Millan @ 2007-07-02  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hollis Blanchard; +Cc: grub-devel

Hi,

The following lines in grub_ofconsole_init():

  /* The latest PowerMacs don't actually initialize the screen for us, so we
   * use this trick to re-open the output device.  */
  grub_ieee1275_interpret ("output-device output", 0);

break Efika (SmartFirmware) and possibly other implementations.  After this
command is run, all console output is supressed.

I'm not sure why (found that via regression test), but on Efika the
output-device is screen (/pci@80000000/display@10).

I suppose the right fix would be to check for PowerMacs before running this,
but I'm not sure how.  Any ideas?

--
Robert Millan

My spam trap is honeypot@aybabtu.com.  Note: this address is only intended
for spam harvesters.  Writing to it will get you added to my black list.