* [bug] gitk can not read history if diff color is enabled
@ 2007-10-13 14:18 Mike Sharov
From: Mike Sharov @ 2007-10-13 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Reproduced in git version 1.5.3.4.217.gbfc1, although it's been this way
for a while. To see the bug, enable color diff with

[diff]
color

and launch gitk on any repository (like the Linux kernel tree). The
result is a dialog box "Can't parse git log output '\x1b[33mcommit" etc.
qgit can still view the history without errors, so I guess it must be
possible to somehow turn off color for a specific query.
--
Mike
msharov@users.sourceforge.net

* Re: [bug] gitk can not read history if diff color is enabled
@ 2007-10-13 14:43 ` Johannes Schindelin
From: Johannes Schindelin @ 2007-10-13 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: msharov; +Cc: git

Hi,

On Sat, 13 Oct 2007, Mike Sharov wrote:

> Reproduced in git version 1.5.3.4.217.gbfc1, although it's been this way
> for a while. To see the bug, enable color diff with
>
> [diff]
> color
>
> and launch gitk on any repository (like the Linux kernel tree).

Thanks for the bug report.

This is fixed in http://hjemli.net/git/git/log/?h=q/mb/gitk/log--no-color
(which will be applied without any doubt once our king penguin comes
back).

Ciao,
Dscho

* Re: [bug] gitk can not read history if diff color is enabled
@ 2007-10-13 14:49 ` Michele Ballabio
From: Michele Ballabio @ 2007-10-13 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git, msharov

On Saturday 13 October 2007, Mike Sharov wrote:
> Reproduced in git version 1.5.3.4.217.gbfc1, although it's been this way
> for a while. To see the bug, enable color diff with
>
> [diff]
> color
>
> and launch gitk on any repository (like the Linux kernel tree). The
> result is a dialog box "Can't parse git log output '\x1b[33mcommit" etc.
> qgit can still view the history without errors, so I guess it must be
> possible to somehow turn off color for a specific query.

A patch was posted, and is queued here:

	http://hjemli.net/git/git/commit/?h=q/mb/gitk/log--no-color