* How can I force all files created by any user in dosemu to be 'read and write' enabled for all users?
@ 2007-11-15 10:26 Tarquin Adams
From: Tarquin Adams @ 2007-11-15 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

Currently when a user creates a file, it is 'read only' for that user's group and other users.  Only the creating user has read write permissions.

How can I force all files created by any user in dosemu to be 'read and write' enabled for all users or at least for users in the same group as the creator?

Regards,
Tarquin Adams

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

* Re: How can I force all files created by any user in dosemu to be 'read and write' enabled for all users?
@ 2007-11-15 17:03 ` Frank Cox
From: Frank Cox @ 2007-11-15 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tarquin Adams; +Cc: linux-msdos

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 10:26:56 -0000
"Tarquin Adams" <Tarquin.Adams@rhsh.co.uk> wrote:

> How can I force all files created by any user in dosemu to be 'read and write' enabled for all users or at least for users in the same group as the creator?

Write a little script to load dosemu from and set a umask value in it.

umask 002
dosemu -I 'keystroke "cd temp\rmyfile\r"'

This little script sets things up so files written by DOSEMU are r/w for all
users in the same group as the guy who loaded the script.  It then does this in
your DOSEMU window:

cd temp
myfile

Go to directory named c:\temp, run a file called myfile.