* TAKE 981240 - make inode reclaim wait for log I/O to complete
@ 2008-06-18  6:43 Lachlan McIlroy
From: Lachlan McIlroy @ 2008-06-18  6:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sgi.bugs.xfs, xfs

make inode reclaim wait for log I/O to complete

During a forced shutdown a xfs inode can be destroyed before log
I/O involving that inode is complete.  We need to wait for the
inode to be unpinned before tearing it down.  Version 2 cleans up
the code a bit by relying on xfs_iflush() to do the unpinning and
forced shutdown check.

Date:  Wed Jun 18 16:42:26 AEST 2008
Workarea:  redback.melbourne.sgi.com:/home/lachlan/isms/2.6.x-iunpin
Inspected by:  dgc
Author:  lachlan

The following file(s) were checked into:
  longdrop.melbourne.sgi.com:/isms/linux/2.6.x-xfs-melb

Modid:  xfs-linux-melb:xfs-kern:31326a
fs/xfs/xfs_vnodeops.c - 1.761 - changed
http://oss.sgi.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/xfs-linux/xfs_vnodeops.c.diff?r1=text&tr1=1.761&r2=text&tr2=1.760&f=h
fs/xfs/xfs_inode.c - 1.505 - changed
http://oss.sgi.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/xfs-linux/xfs_inode.c.diff?r1=text&tr1=1.505&r2=text&tr2=1.504&f=h
	- make inode reclaim wait for log I/O to complete

only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-06-18  6:42 UTC | newest]