* [linux-dvb] HVR4000 scratchpad patch
@ 2008-09-07 23:09 Hans Werner
From: Hans Werner @ 2008-09-07 23:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-dvb, darron, stoth

Does anyone know about the status of the HVR 4000 patch at
http://dev.kewl.org/hauppauge/scratchpad-8628.diff ?
According to the note from 18th Aug it's a test version for 2.6.26.
But it is 5x larger than previous patches so it looks like it was
diffed against the wrong revision. Has anyone rebased it?

Thanks,
Hans
--
Release early, release often.

Psssst! Schon das coole Video vom GMX MultiMessenger gesehen?
Der Eine für Alle: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/messenger03

* Re: [linux-dvb] HVR4000 scratchpad patch
@ 2008-09-08  0:09 ` Hans Werner
From: Hans Werner @ 2008-09-08  0:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-dvb, darron, stoth

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 01:09:56 +0200
> Von: "Hans Werner" <HWerner4@gmx.de>
> An: linux-dvb@linuxtv.org, darron@kewl.org, stoth@linuxtv.org
> Betreff: [linux-dvb] HVR4000 scratchpad patch

> Does anyone know about the status of the HVR 4000 patch at
> http://dev.kewl.org/hauppauge/scratchpad-8628.diff ?
> According to the note from 18th Aug it's a test version for 2.6.26.
> But it is 5x larger than previous patches so it looks like it was
> diffed against the wrong revision. Has anyone rebased it?
>
> Thanks,
> Hans

For example it's smaller when diffed against rev 227984e4b603 or rev fc018c7e7fe3,
but still 2x as large as the earlier patches. Does anyone know the exact base?

--

@ 2008-09-08 14:51   ` Darron Broad
From: Darron Broad @ 2008-09-08 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Werner; +Cc: linux-dvb

In message <20080908000941.310670@gmx.net>, "Hans Werner" wrote:

>-------- Original-Nachricht --------
>> Datum: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 01:09:56 +0200
>> Von: "Hans Werner" <HWerner4@gmx.de>
>> An: linux-dvb@linuxtv.org, darron@kewl.org, stoth@linuxtv.org
>> Betreff: [linux-dvb] HVR4000 scratchpad patch
>
>> Does anyone know about the status of the HVR 4000 patch at
>> http://dev.kewl.org/hauppauge/scratchpad-8628.diff ?
>> According to the note from 18th Aug it's a test version for 2.6.26.
>> But it is 5x larger than previous patches so it looks like it was
>> diffed against the wrong revision. Has anyone rebased it?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Hans
>
>For example it's smaller when diffed against rev 227984e4b603 or rev fc018c7e7fe3,
>but still 2x as large as the earlier patches. Does anyone know the exact base?

Hi

Does it work as expected or do you have a problem?

The revision is 8628. The reason that you find this patch larger than
expected is because when I was supplied with some fixes from a fellow user
Carlo Scarfoglio the updates were against an older tree and when
added to a more recent tree it meant that a whole bunch of stuff which
had been added since his patch had to be reverted.

It's a bit messy but it ought to work and has been tested to work.

If you wish to provide a cleaner more up to date multi-frontend diff
then please go ahead, you are welcome.

cya

--

 // /
{:)==={ Darron Broad <darron@kewl.org>

* Re: [linux-dvb] HVR4000 scratchpad patch
@ 2008-09-08 18:58     ` Hans Werner
From: Hans Werner @ 2008-09-08 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Darron Broad, linux-dvb, stoth; +Cc: linux-dvb

> Hi
>
> Does it work as expected or do you have a problem?

It seems to be working fine for DVB-S, DVB-S2 and DVB-T :).
I wanted a minimal diff to easily scan through what is in it and what has
changed. I wasn't sure of the status anyway so I thought I would ask.

> The revision is 8628. The reason that you find this patch larger than
> expected is because when I was supplied with some fixes from a fellow user
> Carlo Scarfoglio the updates were against an older tree and when
> added to a more recent tree it meant that a whole bunch of stuff which
> had been added since his patch had to be reverted.

OK, I see.

> It's a bit messy but it ought to work and has been tested to work.
>
> If you wish to provide a cleaner more up to date multi-frontend diff
> then please go ahead, you are welcome.

I'll send you one of the smaller diffs I mentioned -- the end result is identical.
As for more up-to-date I may do but I can't promise anything.

Would you mind saying what what will happen next with it?
I.e. will it be renamed from scratchpad to mfe_latest or are you going to make
further changes. And are there any fixes or changes already in it apart from
the ones necessary to work with 2.6.26 ?

Thanks,
Hans

--
Release early, release often.