* v4l2_subdev framework
@ 2008-12-23  8:44 Subrahmanya, Chaithrika
From: Subrahmanya, Chaithrika @ 2008-12-23  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: video4linux-list

Hello,

I wanted to know when the 'v4l2-subdev' framework will be visible in the main kernel tree. This will help me in deciding which interface to use for the display driver on our hardware.

Regards,
Chaithrika

* Re: v4l2_subdev framework
@ 2008-12-23  9:54 ` Hans Verkuil
From: Hans Verkuil @ 2008-12-23  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: video4linux-list

On Tuesday 23 December 2008 09:44:22 Subrahmanya, Chaithrika wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wanted to know when the 'v4l2-subdev' framework will be visible in the
> main kernel tree. This will help me in deciding which interface to use
> for the display driver on our hardware.

2.6.29.

Regards,

	Hans

> Regards,
> Chaithrika

* RE: v4l2_subdev framework
@ 2008-12-23 10:08   ` Subrahmanya, Chaithrika
From: Subrahmanya, Chaithrika @ 2008-12-23 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Verkuil, video4linux-list

Hans,

Thank you for the information.
Can you give me the approximate time as to when it will happen?

Regards,
Chaithrika
On Tuesday 23 December 2008 09:44:22 Subrahmanya, Chaithrika wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wanted to know when the 'v4l2-subdev' framework will be visible in the
> main kernel tree. This will help me in deciding which interface to use
> for the display driver on our hardware.

2.6.29.

Regards,

        Hans

> Regards,
> Chaithrika

* Re: v4l2_subdev framework
@ 2008-12-23 10:16     ` Hans Verkuil
From: Hans Verkuil @ 2008-12-23 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Subrahmanya, Chaithrika; +Cc: video4linux-list

On Tuesday 23 December 2008 11:08:24 Subrahmanya, Chaithrika wrote:
> Hans,
>
> Thank you for the information.
> Can you give me the approximate time as to when it will happen?

My understanding is that the 2.6.29 merge window will open any day now, so
the first 2.6.29 release candidate with v4l2_subdev can be expected
somewhere around mid-January with a release in March/April if everything
will go as usual.

Regards,

	Hans