* RE: ASoC audio not working on OMAP3 EVM
@ 2009-02-12  7:39 Eero Nurkkala
From: Eero Nurkkala @ 2009-02-12  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-omap

> Has anyone observed the same problems on other platforms as well? Do
> we have a fix for them?

Give this a try:

http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=123269333910864&w=2

If you press down enter (or so), and the audio plays better,
this will help. I dont know whether this EVM uses McBSP though.
(if it doesn't apply, please merge manually)

- Eero

* Re: ASoC audio not working on OMAP3 EVM
@ 2009-02-12  9:38 ` Anuj Aggarwal
From: Anuj Aggarwal @ 2009-02-12  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ext-eero.nurkkala; +Cc: linux-omap

The patch doesn't help, result is same...

Any help is welcome

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 1:09 PM, Eero Nurkkala
<ext-eero.nurkkala@nokia.com> wrote:
>> Has anyone observed the same problems on other platforms as well? Do
>> we have a fix for them?
>
> Give this a try:
>
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=123269333910864&w=2
>
> If you press down enter (or so), and the audio plays better,
> this will help. I dont know whether this EVM uses McBSP though.
> (if it doesn't apply, please merge manually)
>

> - Eero

Best Regards,
Anuj Aggarwal

* Re: ASoC audio not working on OMAP3 EVM
@ 2009-02-12  9:49   ` Jarkko Nikula
From: Jarkko Nikula @ 2009-02-12  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ext Anuj Aggarwal; +Cc: Nurkkala Eero.An (EXT-Offcode/Oulu), linux-omap

On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 10:38:27 +0100
ext Anuj Aggarwal <anuj.aggarwal@gmail.com> wrote:

> The patch doesn't help, result is same...
>
> Any help is welcome

My Beagle is working fine on top of l-o head (commit
70ff4a1aafd2378c9e3ff153135ba6d0bde45215) and with Steve's patch

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-2.6.git;a=commit;h=80c509fdd74f3b158267374cc55156965c8bf930

What codec OMAP3 EVM is using? If AIC3x, then Eero's patch might help

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-2.6.git;a=commit;h=4453dba54de7e517b0cd6f5e4a3f4af3b34f9e79

Jarkko

* Re: ASoC audio not working on OMAP3 EVM
@ 2009-02-12 11:01     ` Koen Kooi
From: Koen Kooi @ 2009-02-12 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jarkko Nikula
  Cc: ext Anuj Aggarwal, Nurkkala Eero.An (EXT-Offcode/Oulu), linux-omap

Op 12 feb 2009, om 10:49 heeft Jarkko Nikula het volgende geschreven:

> On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 10:38:27 +0100
> ext Anuj Aggarwal <anuj.aggarwal@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The patch doesn't help, result is same...
>>
>> Any help is welcome
>>
> My Beagle is working fine on top of l-o head (commit
> 70ff4a1aafd2378c9e3ff153135ba6d0bde45215) and with Steve's patch
>
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-2.6.git;a=commit;h=80c509fdd74f3b158267374cc55156965c8bf930
>
> What codec OMAP3 EVM is using? If AIC3x, then Eero's patch might help

the same codec as beagle and overo (twl/tps)

regards,

Koen

[-- Attachment #2: Dit deel van het bericht is digitaal ondertekend --]

* Re: ASoC audio not working on OMAP3 EVM
@ 2009-02-13  9:44       ` Anuj Aggarwal
From: Anuj Aggarwal @ 2009-02-13  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Koen Kooi; +Cc: Jarkko Nikula, Nurkkala Eero.An (EXT-Offcode/Oulu), linux-omap

Hi All,

Thanks for your help, it came out as a hardware issue. Same image
worked fine when tried on a different EVM. Now the audio is playing
fine, except that I am hearing a very light pop-noise as soon I start
the playback.

Any suggestions on removing that? It didn't occur if I play something
second time.

Thanks,
Anuj

--
Best Regards,
Anuj Aggarwal

* Re: ASoC audio not working on OMAP3 EVM
@ 2009-02-13 10:33         ` Jarkko Nikula
From: Jarkko Nikula @ 2009-02-13 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ext Anuj Aggarwal
  Cc: Koen Kooi, Nurkkala Eero.An (EXT-Offcode/Oulu), linux-omap

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 10:44:02 +0100
ext Anuj Aggarwal <anuj.aggarwal@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Thanks for your help, it came out as a hardware issue. Same image
> worked fine when tried on a different EVM. Now the audio is playing
> fine, except that I am hearing a very light pop-noise as soon I start
> the playback.
>
> Any suggestions on removing that? It didn't occur if I play something
> second time.

Pop-noise is caused somewhere in the audio path when it's powered up.
Either in last output stage is causing it or last stages are activated
too early to suppress noise caused in middle of path.

Why you don't hear it second time or soon enough is that ASoC DAPM keeps
audio path powered about 5 seconds after stream is closed for
eliminating pops between e.g. audio tracks in a player.

Jarkko

* ASoC audio not working on OMAP3 EVM
       [not found] <2ee9e08d0902110743i1502b430s9ef44528f985c70f@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2009-02-11 15:50 ` Anuj Aggarwal
From: Anuj Aggarwal @ 2009-02-11 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux OMAP List

Hi,

I am on commit "Merge current mainline tree into linux-omap tree
(master)" id: de45215. I tried audio in ASoC on OMAP3 EVM but found
two major problems:

a) Songs are being played very slowly, something like audio in slow motion.
b) Capture plays noise even if no audio source is connected for
recording. It is not capturing 'silence' properly.

Has anyone observed the same problems on other platforms as well? Do
we have a fix for them?

Anuj Aggarwal
Texas Instruments
Bangalore, INDIA