* linux-next test scripts
@ 2009-02-06 14:20 Uwe Kleine-König
From: Uwe Kleine-König @ 2009-02-06 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell; +Cc: linux-next

Hello Stephen,

I plan to setup something similar to linux-next for the Pengutronix test
lab to build a tree that contains the work of all our developers for
daily testing.

It would be really great if I could take a look into your scripts to
manage linux-next.  I tried searching the web for them, but without
success.

Are the scripts somewhere available without being found by me?  If yes,
where are they, if not, do you can publish them somewhere?

Best regards and thanks in advance,
Uwe

--
Pengutronix e.K.                              | Uwe Kleine-König            |
Industrial Linux Solutions                    | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |

* Re: linux-next test scripts
@ 2009-02-12 20:20 ` Uwe Kleine-König
From: Uwe Kleine-König @ 2009-02-12 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell; +Cc: linux-next

Hello,

On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 03:20:22PM +0100, Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
> I plan to setup something similar to linux-next for the Pengutronix test
> lab to build a tree that contains the work of all our developers for
> daily testing.
>
> It would be really great if I could take a look into your scripts to
> manage linux-next.  I tried searching the web for them, but without
> success.
>
> Are the scripts somewhere available without being found by me?  If yes,
> where are they, if not, do you can publish them somewhere?
After some more search I found the script by James Bottomley[1].

Still I'd like to know if you put some work in that script or even
created your own to prevent duplication of work.

If you care that I don't just use your script without contributing back,
I intend to use it among others for our (public) mxc tree at
git://git.pengutronix.de/git/imx/linux-2.6.git which gets much interest
in the arm-linux community and you can be sure that you will benefit
from our changes to your script.

Best regards
Uwe

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/626055/

--

@ 2009-03-13  8:03   ` Nico -telmich- Schottelius
From: Nico -telmich- Schottelius @ 2009-03-13  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Kleine-König; +Cc: Stephen Rothwell, linux-next

Uwe Kleine-König [Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 09:20:37PM +0100]:
> Hello,
>
> On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 03:20:22PM +0100, Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
> > I plan to setup something similar to linux-next for the Pengutronix test
> > lab to build a tree that contains the work of all our developers for
> > daily testing.
> >
> > It would be really great if I could take a look into your scripts to
> > manage linux-next.  I tried searching the web for them, but without
> > success.
> >
> > Are the scripts somewhere available without being found by me?  If yes,
> > where are they, if not, do you can publish them somewhere?
> After some more search I found the script by James Bottomley[1].

I'm also maintaining some smaller scripts for maintaining all the
kernel testing / building / installation stuff:

http://git.schottelius.org/?p=nsbin;a=tree;f=linux;hb=HEAD

Nico

--
Think about Free and Open Source Software (FOSS).
http://nico.schottelius.org/documentations/foss/the-term-foss/

PGP: BFE4 C736 ABE5 406F 8F42  F7CF B8BE F92A 9885 188C

* Re: linux-next test scripts
@ 2009-03-13  8:37     ` Uwe Kleine-König
From: Uwe Kleine-König @ 2009-03-13  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nico -telmich- Schottelius; +Cc: Stephen Rothwell, linux-next

Hi Nico,

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 09:03:48AM +0100, Nico -telmich- Schottelius wrote:
> Uwe Kleine-König [Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 09:20:37PM +0100]:
> > Hello,
> >
> > On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 03:20:22PM +0100, Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
> > > I plan to setup something similar to linux-next for the Pengutronix test
> > > lab to build a tree that contains the work of all our developers for
> > > daily testing.
> > >
> > > It would be really great if I could take a look into your scripts to
> > > manage linux-next.  I tried searching the web for them, but without
> > > success.
> > >
> > > Are the scripts somewhere available without being found by me?  If yes,
> > > where are they, if not, do you can publish them somewhere?
> > After some more search I found the script by James Bottomley[1].
>
> I'm also maintaining some smaller scripts for maintaining all the
> kernel testing / building / installation stuff:
>
> http://git.schottelius.org/?p=nsbin;a=tree;f=linux;hb=HEAD
Thanks, but I think it doesn't include what I'm looking for.  You only
seem to build bleeding edge (in next-build.sh) but you don't merge
different trees before.

BTW, I don't see the reason for linux/fetch-branches.sh, why not rely on
git remote udpate?

Best regards
Uwe

--