* Google Summer of Code 2009 - Accepted!
@ 2009-03-18 20:59 Shawn O. Pearce
From: Shawn O. Pearce @ 2009-03-18 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Google has announced the selected organizations for GSoC 2009:

  http://socghop.appspot.com/program/accepted_orgs/google/gsoc2009

Students interested in applying should look at Git's ideas list,
or any other accepted org's ideas list:

  http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/SoC2009Ideas

Mentors for Git are really needed.  I'm going to be too busy this
summer to mentor a student myself.  If we have no mentors, we'll
have to pull out late, upsetting everyone, including my boss,
and worse, LH.

--
Shawn.

* Re: Google Summer of Code 2009 - Accepted!
@ 2009-03-18 21:21 ` Johannes Schindelin
From: Johannes Schindelin @ 2009-03-18 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shawn O. Pearce; +Cc: git

Hi,

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009, Shawn O. Pearce wrote:

> Google has announced the selected organizations for GSoC 2009:
>
>   http://socghop.appspot.com/program/accepted_orgs/google/gsoc2009
>
> Students interested in applying should look at Git's ideas list,
> or any other accepted org's ideas list:
>
>   http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/SoC2009Ideas
>

> Mentors for Git are really needed.  I'm going to be too busy this
> summer to mentor a student myself.  If we have no mentors, we'll
> have to pull out late, upsetting everyone, including my boss,
> and worse, LH.

I think you need not be scared of a mentor shortage.  In any case, I am
available.

Ciao,
Dscho

* Re: Google Summer of Code 2009 - Accepted!
@ 2009-03-19  5:24   ` Christian Couder
From: Christian Couder @ 2009-03-19  5:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shawn O. Pearce; +Cc: Johannes Schindelin, git

Hi,

Le mercredi 18 mars 2009, Johannes Schindelin a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 18 Mar 2009, Shawn O. Pearce wrote:
> > Google has announced the selected organizations for GSoC 2009:
> >
> >   http://socghop.appspot.com/program/accepted_orgs/google/gsoc2009
> >
> > Students interested in applying should look at Git's ideas list,
> > or any other accepted org's ideas list:
> >
> >   http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/SoC2009Ideas
> >

> > Mentors for Git are really needed.  I'm going to be too busy this
> > summer to mentor a student myself.  If we have no mentors, we'll
> > have to pull out late, upsetting everyone, including my boss,
> > and worse, LH.
>
> I think you need not be scared of a mentor shortage.  In any case, I am
> available.

I am available too, though I will have a 2 week long vacation away from
computer from July 10 to July 25.

Thanks,
Christian.

* Re: Google Summer of Code 2009 - Accepted!
@ 2009-03-19  6:29   ` Jeff King
From: Jeff King @ 2009-03-19  6:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johannes Schindelin; +Cc: Shawn O. Pearce, git

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 10:21:05PM +0100, Johannes Schindelin wrote:

> > Mentors for Git are really needed.  I'm going to be too busy this
> > summer to mentor a student myself.  If we have no mentors, we'll
> > have to pull out late, upsetting everyone, including my boss,
> > and worse, LH.
>
> I think you need not be scared of a mentor shortage.  In any case, I am
> available.

I can probably mentor, too. Is there anything mentors should be doing at
this point, or do we just wait for applications?

-Peff

* Re: Google Summer of Code 2009 - Accepted!
@ 2009-03-19 10:39     ` Johannes Schindelin
From: Johannes Schindelin @ 2009-03-19 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff King; +Cc: Shawn O. Pearce, git

Hi,

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009, Jeff King wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 10:21:05PM +0100, Johannes Schindelin wrote:
>
> > > Mentors for Git are really needed.  I'm going to be too busy this
> > > summer to mentor a student myself.  If we have no mentors, we'll
> > > have to pull out late, upsetting everyone, including my boss, and
> > > worse, LH.
> >
> > I think you need not be scared of a mentor shortage.  In any case, I
> > am available.
>
> I can probably mentor, too. Is there anything mentors should be doing at
> this point, or do we just wait for applications?

Prospect mentors can add ideas to the ideas page.  They can nudge possible
students to apply.  And they can be ready to answer questions on the
list...

Ciao,
Dscho

* Re: Google Summer of Code 2009 - Accepted!
@ 2009-03-19 11:16     ` Sverre Rabbelier
From: Sverre Rabbelier @ 2009-03-19 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff King; +Cc: Johannes Schindelin, Shawn O. Pearce, git

Heya,

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 07:29, Jeff King <peff@peff.net> wrote:
> I can probably mentor, too. Is there anything mentors should be doing at
> this point, or do we just wait for applications?

You can apply to become a mentor for Git here [0], that is, by
clicking "Apply to become a mentor" in the GSoC2009 menu, and then
selecting Git as an organization.

[0] http://socghop.appspot.com/mentor/request/google/gsoc2009/git

--
Cheers,