* cx88 audio input change
@ 2009-01-26 22:09 LINUX NEWBIE
From: LINUX NEWBIE @ 2009-01-26 22:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mchehab, linux-kernel

Hi Mauro,

    You've been working on cx88 for a long time.  Can I ask you
something?  I have a cx88 based card and I tried to get audio coming
from "Line In" of my card.  However, it seems like the audio always
comes from TV input.   I looked into the code and it seems like
VIDIOC_S_AUDIO is not working in cx88.  Can you help please?

Thanks.

* Re: cx88 audio input change
@ 2009-01-27 12:24 ` Mauro Carvalho Chehab
From: Mauro Carvalho Chehab @ 2009-01-27 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LINUX NEWBIE; +Cc: linux-kernel, linux-media

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 14:09:31 -0800
LINUX NEWBIE <lnxnewbie@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mauro,
>
>     You've been working on cx88 for a long time.  Can I ask you
> something?  I have a cx88 based card and I tried to get audio coming
> from "Line In" of my card.  However, it seems like the audio always
> comes from TV input.   I looked into the code and it seems like
> VIDIOC_S_AUDIO is not working in cx88.  Can you help please?

The better is to ask such questions on linux-media@vger.kernel.org. Anyway, the
issue is likely due to a wrong entry at cx88-cards for your board. In order to
fix, someone with your board (probably you)should get the proper GPIO pins for
your device. Please read the following wiki articles:

http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Development:_How_to_add_support_for_a_device
http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/GPIO_pins

Cheers,
Mauro

* Re: cx88 audio input change
@ 2009-01-27 22:37   ` LINUX NEWBIE
From: LINUX NEWBIE @ 2009-01-27 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mauro Carvalho Chehab; +Cc: linux-kernel, linux-media

In Linux cx88 driver, is it possible to stream audio only without
video Risc engine running?  If so, what tools/players and commands can
I use to stream audio only from cx88 card?

I appreciate for all your help.
Hiep

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 4:24 AM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab
<mchehab@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 14:09:31 -0800
> LINUX NEWBIE <lnxnewbie@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Mauro,
>>
>>     You've been working on cx88 for a long time.  Can I ask you
>> something?  I have a cx88 based card and I tried to get audio coming
>> from "Line In" of my card.  However, it seems like the audio always
>> comes from TV input.   I looked into the code and it seems like
>> VIDIOC_S_AUDIO is not working in cx88.  Can you help please?
>
> The better is to ask such questions on linux-media@vger.kernel.org. Anyway, the
> issue is likely due to a wrong entry at cx88-cards for your board. In order to
> fix, someone with your board (probably you)should get the proper GPIO pins for
> your device. Please read the following wiki articles:
>
> http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Development:_How_to_add_support_for_a_device
> http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/GPIO_pins
>
> Cheers,
> Mauro

* Re: cx88 audio input change
@ 2009-03-23 23:40     ` Mauro Carvalho Chehab
From: Mauro Carvalho Chehab @ 2009-03-23 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LINUX NEWBIE; +Cc: linux-kernel, linux-media

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 14:37:23 -0800
LINUX NEWBIE <lnxnewbie@gmail.com> wrote:

> In Linux cx88 driver, is it possible to stream audio only without
> video Risc engine running?  If so, what tools/players and commands can
> I use to stream audio only from cx88 card?

Sorry for not answer before. I got flooded of emails.

AFAIK, the cx88 internal RISC processor is responsible for moving the sampling
data. I don't think you can have the device working without uploading the risc
firmware.

--

Cheers,
Mauro