* checkout @{-1} bug/oddity
@ 2009-04-19 15:37 Adeodato Simó
From: Adeodato Simó @ 2009-04-19 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

In case this is worth fixing:

  | % g co -b foo
  | Switched to a new branch 'foo'
  |
  | % g co -
  | Switched to branch 'master'
  |
  | % g co -b bar
  | Switched to a new branch 'bar'
  |
  | % g co bar
  | Already on 'bar'
  |
  | % g co -
  | Already on 'bar'

In my opinion the last command should switch to master, as in, switching
to the current branch should not lose the @{-1} history.

- Are you sure we're good?
- Always.
        -- Rory and Lorelai

* Re: checkout @{-1} bug/oddity
@ 2009-04-19 20:36 ` Thomas Rast
From: Thomas Rast @ 2009-04-19 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adeodato Simó; +Cc: git

Adeodato Simó wrote:
>   | % g co bar
>   | Already on 'bar'
>   | % g co -
>   | Already on 'bar'
>
> In my opinion the last command should switch to master, as in, switching
> to the current branch should not lose the @{-1} history.

This is by analogy with 'cd'.  Try 'cd .; cd -' in the shell.

See

  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/106583

for the original mention; I don't have the time to re-read the entire
thread, but IIRC it was not discussed again.

--
Thomas Rast
trast@{inf,student}.ethz.ch

* Re: checkout @{-1} bug/oddity
@ 2009-04-20  8:16   ` Adeodato Simó
From: Adeodato Simó @ 2009-04-20  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Rast; +Cc: git

+ Thomas Rast (Sun, 19 Apr 2009 22:36:29 +0200):

> This is by analogy with 'cd'.  Try 'cd .; cd -' in the shell.

> See

>   http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/106583

> for the original mention; I don't have the time to re-read the entire
> thread, but IIRC it was not discussed again.

Ok!, thanks for the explanations.

--
- Are you sure we're good?
- Always.