* linux-next: usb series import failure
@ 2009-04-20  0:21 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2009-04-20  0:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg KH; +Cc: linux-next

Hi Greg,

Today's import of the usb quilt series failed like this:

$ git quiltimport --author Greg KH <greg@kroah.com> --patches ../quilt/usb
musb_gadget-fix-unhandled-endpoint-0-irqs.patch
musb_gadget-suppress-parasitic-tx-interrupts-with-cppi.patch
error: patch failed: drivers/usb/musb/musb_gadget.c:349
error: drivers/usb/musb/musb_gadget.c: patch does not apply

I assume there have been some changes in the upstream tree to cause this
since that series hasn't changed since Friday.  I will have to drop the
usb tree for today (and the staging tree that depends on it).

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr@canb.auug.org.au

* Re: linux-next: usb series import failure
@ 2009-04-20  5:14 ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2009-04-20  5:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell; +Cc: linux-next

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 10:21:37AM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> Today's import of the usb quilt series failed like this:
>
> $ git quiltimport --author Greg KH <greg@kroah.com> --patches ../quilt/usb
> musb_gadget-fix-unhandled-endpoint-0-irqs.patch
> musb_gadget-suppress-parasitic-tx-interrupts-with-cppi.patch
> error: patch failed: drivers/usb/musb/musb_gadget.c:349
> error: drivers/usb/musb/musb_gadget.c: patch does not apply
>
> I assume there have been some changes in the upstream tree to cause this
> since that series hasn't changed since Friday.  I will have to drop the
> usb tree for today (and the staging tree that depends on it).

Sorry, it was my fault, I messed up pushing my tree to kernel.org.  It
should all be resolved for your tree tomorrow.  Thanks for letting me
know, and again, sorry for the mistake.

greg k-h

* Re: linux-next: usb series import failure
@ 2009-04-20  5:40   ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2009-04-20  5:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg KH; +Cc: linux-next

Hi Greg,

On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 22:14:09 -0700 Greg KH <greg@kroah.com> wrote:

> Sorry, it was my fault, I messed up pushing my tree to kernel.org.  It
> should all be resolved for your tree tomorrow.  Thanks for letting me
> know, and again, sorry for the mistake.

Thanks.

--

@ 2009-07-14  4:03 ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2009-07-14  4:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell; +Cc: linux-next, linux-kernel

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 11:26:48AM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> Today's linux-next import of the usb quilt series failed like this:
>
> usb-make-the-usbfs_snoop-log-more-pertinent.patch
> error: patch failed: drivers/usb/core/devio.c:347
> error: drivers/usb/core/devio.c: patch does not apply
>
> I commented out the above patch which lead to:
>
> usb-gadget-pxa25x-basic-transceiver-support.patch
> error: patch failed: drivers/usb/gadget/pxa25x_udc.c:2162
> error: drivers/usb/gadget/pxa25x_udc.c: patch does not apply
>
> And on ...
>
> It looks like the some of the usb patches haven't been updated for the
> rebase onto -git9.  I have dropped the usb and staging trees for today.

Sorry, it's now rebased properly and pushed out.

thanks,

greg k-h

* linux-next: usb series import failure
@ 2009-07-14  1:26 Stephen Rothwell