* sony-laptop: support for turning off and on the builtin cd/dvd
@ 2009-04-24 20:09 Norbert Preining
From: Norbert Preining @ 2009-04-24 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Garrett, Mattia Dongili, Matthias Welwarsky, linux-acpi

Hi all,

is there any chance to support turning off and on the builtin cdrom?
And if, best would be directly with rfkill support. I assume that this
would need another call in the sony_acpi module.

As usual, I am open for testing ...

Best wishes

Norbert

OSBASTON (n.)
A point made for the seventh time to somebody who insists that they
know exactly what you mean but clearly hasn't got the faintest idea.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff

* Re: sony-laptop: support for turning off and on the builtin cd/dvd
@ 2009-04-24 20:15 ` Matthew Garrett
From: Matthew Garrett @ 2009-04-24 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Norbert Preining; +Cc: Mattia Dongili, Matthias Welwarsky, linux-acpi

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 10:09:46PM +0200, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> is there any chance to support turning off and on the builtin cdrom?
> And if, best would be directly with rfkill support. I assume that this
> would need another call in the sony_acpi module.
>
> As usual, I am open for testing ...

I don't believe that we have any idea how to on the newer machines.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@srcf.ucam.org

* Re: sony-laptop: support for turning off and on the builtin cd/dvd
@ 2009-04-24 20:19   ` Norbert Preining
From: Norbert Preining @ 2009-04-24 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Garrett; +Cc: Mattia Dongili, Matthias Welwarsky, linux-acpi

On Fr, 24 Apr 2009, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> I don't believe that we have any idea how to on the newer machines.

Blind shooting at some of the ACPI methods, would that help? (loading
sony_laptop with debug=1 etc)

Best wishes

Norbert

CLACKAVOID (n.)
Technical BBC term for a page of dialogue from Blake's Seven.

@ 2009-04-24 20:25     ` Matthew Garrett
From: Matthew Garrett @ 2009-04-24 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Norbert Preining; +Cc: Mattia Dongili, Matthias Welwarsky, linux-acpi

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 10:19:26PM +0200, Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Fr, 24 Apr 2009, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> > I don't believe that we have any idea how to on the newer machines.
>
> Blind shooting at some of the ACPI methods, would that help? (loading
> sony_laptop with debug=1 etc)

It's certainly a possibility. One of the SN methods may do something
useful here.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@srcf.ucam.org