* Problem with SCM/Viaccess CAM
@ 2009-05-26  5:43 Tomer Barletz
From: Tomer Barletz @ 2009-05-26  5:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

Hi,
When inserting a SCM/Viaccess CAM, I get the following message:
dvb_ca adapter 0: DVB CAM did not respond :(

According to this:
http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb/file/142fd6020df3/linux/Documentation/dvb/ci.txt
this CAM should work.

I'm using kernel 2.6.10.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Tomer

* Re: Problem with SCM/Viaccess CAM
@ 2009-05-26 19:06 ` Dominique Dumont
From: Dominique Dumont @ 2009-05-26 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tomer Barletz; +Cc: linux-media

Le Tuesday 26 May 2009 07:43:15 Tomer Barletz, vous avez écrit :
> Hi,
> When inserting a SCM/Viaccess CAM, I get the following message:
> dvb_ca adapter 0: DVB CAM did not respond :(
>
> According to this:
> http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb/file/142fd6020df3/linux/Documentation/dvb/ci.
>txt this CAM should work.
>
> I'm using kernel 2.6.10.

SCM CAMs are very slow to start up. I've submitted a patch to work-around this
issue a few years ago. IIRC, this was around 2.6.14.

So you should upgrade your kernel

HTH

* Re: Problem with SCM/Viaccess CAM
@ 2009-06-02  5:56   ` Tomer Barletz
From: Tomer Barletz @ 2009-06-02  5:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dominique Dumont; +Cc: linux-media

Hi Dominique,
I've tried to increase the time-out period from 5 to 10 seconds (as it
is with current source), but with no success.
Did your patch involved any other changes besides this one? How can I
obtain your patch? Did you changed dvb_ca_en50221.c only, or were
there any other files changed?
I know that my kernel is slightly old ;), but it is currently not
feasible for me to upgrade.

Thanks,
Tomer

@ 2009-06-02 18:07     ` Dominique Dumont
From: Dominique Dumont @ 2009-06-02 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tomer Barletz; +Cc: linux-media

Le Tuesday 02 June 2009 07:56:11 Tomer Barletz, vous avez écrit :

> Did your patch involved any other changes besides this one?

No

> How can I obtain your patch? Did you changed dvb_ca_en50221.c only, or were
> there any other files changed?

My patch was just a one line modif to change a #define

You can probably find the patch on dvb mailing archives.

HTH