* Record a capture
@ 2009-04-28 18:14 gabrield
From: gabrield @ 2009-04-28 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: video4linux-list

Hello All!
I'd like to know how I can record in a file (such as an .avi, .ogv, so on)
what I'm capturing. I already have an application that capture and show it
in a window, my next step will be save this capture in a file. Anyone can
help?
Cheers!

* Re: Record a capture
@ 2009-04-29  3:24 ` Dongsoo, Nathaniel Kim
From: Dongsoo, Nathaniel Kim @ 2009-04-29  3:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gabrield; +Cc: video4linux-list

Hello,

I think you can take a look at gstreamer and some plugins like ffmpeg
or something.
Here it is the URL : http://www.gstreamer.net/
Cheers,

Nate

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 3:14 AM,  <gabrield@kinuxlinux.org> wrote:
> Hello All!
> I'd like to know how I can record in a file (such as an .avi, .ogv, so on)
> what I'm capturing. I already have an application that capture and show it
> in a window, my next step will be save this capture in a file. Anyone can
> help?
> Cheers!

=
DongSoo, Nathaniel Kim
Engineer
Mobile S/W Platform Lab.
Digital Media & Communications R&D Centre
Samsung Electronics CO., LTD.
e-mail : dongsoo.kim@gmail.com
          dongsoo45.kim@samsung.com

* Re: Record a capture
@ 2009-06-02 21:25   ` Stefano Sabatini
From: Stefano Sabatini @ 2009-06-02 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: video4linux-list

On date Wednesday 2009-04-29 12:24:37 +0900, Dongsoo, Nathaniel Kim wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I think you can take a look at gstreamer and some plugins like ffmpeg
> or something.
> Here it is the URL : http://www.gstreamer.net/
> Cheers,
>
> Nate
>
> On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 3:14 AM,  <gabrield@kinuxlinux.org> wrote:
> > Hello All!
> > I'd like to know how I can record in a file (such as an .avi, .ogv, so on)
> > what I'm capturing. I already have an application that capture and show it
> > in a window, my next step will be save this capture in a file. Anyone can
> > help?

ffmpeg can do that:
ffmpeg -f video4linux2 -s WxH /dev/video out.avi

[...]

Regards.