* Hi all,long silence from me
@ 2009-06-04 13:01 Fabio Giovagnini
                   ` (4 more replies)
From: Fabio Giovagnini @ 2009-06-04 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-sh

But in Italy we are invested by a very hard economic crisis; so much of effort
if directed to survive.
By the way, we are developing a power quality meter, and we have based it on
sh2a 7286.
Which could be the best toolchain version?
I'm at gcc 3.2.3 for the sh2 cores.
Any suggestion?

Thanks

--
Fabio Giovagnini

Aurion s.r.l.
Tel. +39.335.8350919

www.aurion-tech.com

account telefono VoIP skype (www.skype.com):
aurion.giovagnini

* Re: Hi all,long silence from me
@ 2009-06-04 13:09 ` Magnus Damm
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Magnus Damm @ 2009-06-04 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-sh

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 10:01 PM, Fabio Giovagnini
<fabio.giovagnini@aurion-tech.com> wrote:
> Which could be the best toolchain version?
> I'm at gcc 3.2.3 for the sh2 cores.
> Any suggestion?

http://www.codesourcery.com/sgpp/lite/superh/

/ magnus

* Re: Hi all,long silence from me
@ 2009-06-04 13:10 ` Fabio Giovagnini
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Fabio Giovagnini @ 2009-06-04 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-sh

Thanks a lot.

HAve a nice day

@ 2009-06-05 12:42 ` Fabio Giovagnini
From: Fabio Giovagnini @ 2009-06-05 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-sh

Hi Magnus.
I have downloaded the source code from your website.
I'm tring to build the toolchain step by step because I'd like to have the
sh2a instruction set support but also the smallest size of applications; in
fact I'm interested at this step to the toolchain for compiling my own
application framework being not an OS at all. I'm not interested to run
linux-sh at this step.
So I'd like to build the toolchain with newlib support or at most uclibc
support.
Wher could I find the any docs regarding these aspectcs?

Thanks a lot

--
Fabio Giovagnini

Aurion s.r.l.
Tel. +39.335.8350919

www.aurion-tech.com

account telefono VoIP skype (www.skype.com):
aurion.giovagnini

* Re: Hi all,long silence from me
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-06-08  7:58 ` Magnus Damm
From: Magnus Damm @ 2009-06-08  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-sh

Hi Fabio,

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 9:42 PM, Fabio
Giovagnini<fabio.giovagnini@aurion-tech.com> wrote:
> I have downloaded the source code from your website.
> I'm tring to build the toolchain step by step because I'd like to have the
> sh2a instruction set support but also the smallest size of applications; in
> fact I'm interested at this step to the toolchain for compiling my own
> application framework being not an OS at all. I'm not interested to run
> linux-sh at this step.
> So I'd like to build the toolchain with newlib support or at most uclibc
> support.
> Wher could I find the any docs regarding these aspectcs?
>
> Thanks a lot

I'm afraid that I have not seen any documentation in this area. You
are of course free to browse the source for the codesourcery/kpit/ST
tools and cherry pick patches, but I don't recommend it if you value
your time. =)

I spent a few days a year or two ago trying to cherry pick patches for
sh4al-dsp and integrate in buildroot and/or crosstool, and at that
point all I ended up with was a big mess. Things were far from good
upstream back then, hopefully it's better today.

Good luck! =)

/ magnus

* Re: Hi all,long silence from me
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-06-08  8:16 ` Fabio Giovagnini
From: Fabio Giovagnini @ 2009-06-08  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-sh

Thanks a lot magnus.
I built the toolchan from codesourcery 4.3 stable and newlib-1.17 (the latest
version)
It seem to compile my code; now I have to work to test the functionalites.

I'll keep you informed if you like.

Best regards a nd thanks again