* mailing list moving
@ 2009-05-31  5:09 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2009-05-31  5:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ppc-dev

Hi all,

Sometime over the next few days I will be moving this mailing list from
ozlabs.org to lists.ozlabs.org.  The old submission address
(linuxppc-dev@ozlabs.org) will still work and I hope that references into
the archives will also still work (though I can't guarantee that as
rebuilding Mailman archives sometimes renumbers the individual emails).

The change that will affect people is the change in the List-Id header
(for those that filter using it).  It will become "List-Id: Linux on
PowerPC Developers Mail List <linuxppc-dev.lists.ozlabs.org>".

All subscriptions (and preferences) will be preserved.

I will post another message after I have moved it.
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr@canb.auug.org.au

* Re: mailing list moving
@ 2009-06-05  7:26 ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2009-06-05  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ppc-dev; +Cc: linuxppc-dev-owner

Hi all,

On Sun, 31 May 2009 15:09:50 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:

> Sometime over the next few days I will be moving this mailing list from
> ozlabs.org to lists.ozlabs.org.  The old submission address
> (linuxppc-dev@ozlabs.org) will still work and I hope that references into
> the archives will also still work (though I can't guarantee that as
> rebuilding Mailman archives sometimes renumbers the individual emails).
>
> The change that will affect people is the change in the List-Id header
> (for those that filter using it).  It will become "List-Id: Linux on
> PowerPC Developers Mail List <linuxppc-dev.lists.ozlabs.org>".
>
> All subscriptions (and preferences) will be preserved.
>
> I will post another message after I have moved it.

The list has now moved.  Please report any problems to me.

The archives on lists.ozlabs.org (and ozlabs.org) have unfortunately not
retained their URLs (the basename of the article URLs changed).  The
archives on http://www.mail-archive.com/linuxppc-dev@ozlabs.org/info.html
should continue.

--

@ 2009-06-05  7:38   ` Michael Ellerman
From: Michael Ellerman @ 2009-06-05  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell; +Cc: ppc-dev, linuxppc-dev-owner

On Fri, 2009-06-05 at 17:26 +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On Sun, 31 May 2009 15:09:50 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
> >
> > Sometime over the next few days I will be moving this mailing list from
> > ozlabs.org to lists.ozlabs.org.  The old submission address
> > (linuxppc-dev@ozlabs.org) will still work and I hope that references into
> > the archives will also still work (though I can't guarantee that as
> > rebuilding Mailman archives sometimes renumbers the individual emails).
> >
> > The change that will affect people is the change in the List-Id header
> > (for those that filter using it).  It will become "List-Id: Linux on
> > PowerPC Developers Mail List <linuxppc-dev.lists.ozlabs.org>".
> >
> > All subscriptions (and preferences) will be preserved.
> >
> > I will post another message after I have moved it.
>
> The list has now moved.  Please report any problems to me.
>
> The archives on lists.ozlabs.org (and ozlabs.org) have unfortunately not
> retained their URLs (the basename of the article URLs changed).

Would a rewrite rule fix it? It'd be nice for them to keep working.

cheers

* Re: mailing list moving
@ 2009-06-05  9:08     ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2009-06-05  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: michael; +Cc: ppc-dev, linuxppc-dev-owner

Hi Michael,

On Fri, 05 Jun 2009 17:38:40 +1000 Michael Ellerman <michael@ellerman.id.au> wrote:

> On Fri, 2009-06-05 at 17:26 +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > On Sun, 31 May 2009 15:09:50 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
> >
> > The archives on lists.ozlabs.org (and ozlabs.org) have unfortunately not
> > retained their URLs (the basename of the article URLs changed).
>
> Would a rewrite rule fix it? It'd be nice for them to keep working.

No, because the actual article numbers changed when I rebuilt the archive
on the new server.

Sorry.

I do, however, have the old archives, so maybe we can do something ...
--

@ 2009-06-06  8:37       ` Michael Ellerman
From: Michael Ellerman @ 2009-06-06  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell; +Cc: ppc-dev, linuxppc-dev-owner

On Fri, 2009-06-05 at 19:08 +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> On Fri, 05 Jun 2009 17:38:40 +1000 Michael Ellerman <michael@ellerman.id.au> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 2009-06-05 at 17:26 +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > On Sun, 31 May 2009 15:09:50 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
> > >
> > > The archives on lists.ozlabs.org (and ozlabs.org) have unfortunately not
> > > retained their URLs (the basename of the article URLs changed).
> >
> > Would a rewrite rule fix it? It'd be nice for them to keep working.
>
> No, because the actual article numbers changed when I rebuilt the archive
> on the new server.
>
> Sorry.
>
> I do, however, have the old archives, so maybe we can do something ...

We could use the old archive to work out the mapping between old and new
and write a billion rewrite rules, but it'd probably crash the rewrite
code - and if not slow the server to a crawl.

So into the too hard basket I think :)

cheers

* Re: mailing list moving
@ 2009-06-08  8:56         ` Arnd Bergmann
From: Arnd Bergmann @ 2009-06-08  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linuxppc-dev, michael; +Cc: Stephen Rothwell, linuxppc-dev-owner, ppc-dev

On Saturday 06 June 2009, Michael Ellerman wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-06-05 at 19:08 +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > I do, however, have the old archives, so maybe we can do something ...
>
> We could use the old archive to work out the mapping between old and new
> and write a billion rewrite rules, but it'd probably crash the rewrite
> code - and if not slow the server to a crawl.
>
> So into the too hard basket I think :)

How about just doing a 'wget -r' on the old archive and storing it
in some random directory on lists.ozlabs.org as static files?
Then you only need a single rewrite rule.

	Arnd <><

* Re: Mailing list moving
       [not found] ` <20090712152804.8eb2f740.sfr-3FnU+UHB4dNDw9hX6IcOSA@public.gmane.org>
@ 2009-07-14 13:23   ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2009-07-14 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: devicetree-discuss-uLR06cmDAlY/bJ5BZ2RsiQ
  Cc: devicetree-discuss-owner-uLR06cmDAlY/bJ5BZ2RsiQ

Hi all,

On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 15:28:04 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <sfr-3FnU+UHB4dNDw9hX6IcOSA@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> This mailing list will be moved shortly.  The current submission address
> (devicetree-discuss-mnsaURCQ41sdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org) will continue to work, the new address will be
> available but the URL of individual messages may change (with any luck
> they won't).  Future references should be to lists.ozlabs.org.

The list has now been moved.
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr-3FnU+UHB4dNDw9hX6IcOSA@public.gmane.org
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 197 bytes --]

From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2009-07-12  5:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: devicetree-discuss-mnsaURCQ41sdnm+yROfE0A
  Cc: devicetree-discuss-owner-mnsaURCQ41sdnm+yROfE0A