* Qemu nic rate limit
@ 2009-06-17  7:13 沈启龙
From: 沈启龙 @ 2009-06-17  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel

I want to limit my NIC rate in DomU. I had found some paper and done some
test. Now I can limit NIC rate in DomU which had installed PV driver, but I
can’t limit NIC rate in DomU which had the NIC emulated by qemu.

Can anyone help me to limit the nic (qemu created) rate in domU.

* Re: Qemu nic rate limit
@ 2009-07-10  3:09 ` Simon Horman
From: Simon Horman @ 2009-07-10  3:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 沈启龙; +Cc: xen-devel

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 03:13:23PM +0800, 沈启龙 wrote:
> I want to limit my NIC rate in DomU. I had found some paper and done some
> test. Now I can limit NIC rate in DomU which had installed PV driver, but I
> can’t limit NIC rate in DomU which had the NIC emulated by qemu.
>
> Can anyone help me to limit the nic (qemu created) rate in domU.

Hi,

I'm not as familiar with PV drivers as I should be.
Do you see an interface corresponding to the PV driver show up
in dom0? If so you should be able to use tc to rate limit
that interface.

My ideas on this topic, for emulated devices, can be found at
http://www.vergenet.net/linux/xen-bw-isolation/

* Qemu nic rate limit
@ 2009-06-17  9:40 沈启龙
From: 沈启龙 @ 2009-06-17  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)