* [U-Boot] driving a serial peripheral in u-boot
@ 2009-08-11  9:01 Dexdyne Postmaster
From: Dexdyne Postmaster @ 2009-08-11  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Our AVR32 board has a GSM modem attached..

I'd like to send an SMS at power-on, though if we successfully boot Linux
it will do more sophisticated stuff.

If we get the SMS, then nothing further we know the boot failed.

Is there an example anywhere of u-boot talking to a device on a serial
port ( which is not the console ) I can use as an example?

David Collier

www.dexdyne.com

* [U-Boot] driving a serial peripheral in u-boot
@ 2009-08-11  9:50 ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2009-08-11  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear "Dexdyne Postmaster",

In message <memo.20090811100117.12188B@postmaster+dexdyne.com.cix.co.uk> you wrote:

> Our AVR32 board has a GSM modem attached..
>
> I'd like to send an SMS at power-on, though if we successfully boot Linux
> it will do more sophisticated stuff.
>
> If we get the SMS, then nothing further we know the boot failed.
>
> Is there an example anywhere of u-boot talking to a device on a serial
> port ( which is not the console ) I can use as an example?

See common/modem.c and search the code for mdm_init().

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Horses just naturally have mohawk haircuts.

* [U-Boot] driving a serial peripheral in u-boot
@ 2009-08-12  9:17   ` David Collier
From: David Collier @ 2009-08-12  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

> > Is there an example anywhere of u-boot talking to a device on a
> > serial
> > port ( which is not the console ) I can use as an example?
>
> See common/modem.c and search the code for mdm_init().

OOOOh Goodie - thanks.

David Collier

www.dexdyne.com