* How do i wake up a Windows VM, which went to S3 (sleep/standby)?
@ 2009-09-16 13:31 Tom Rotenberg
From: Tom Rotenberg @ 2009-09-16 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel

Hi,

I am using Xen with a few patches posted here for VGA pass-through.
Now, after my Windows VM booted, i sent it into 'standby' (sleep/S3).
Does anyone knows, how can i "wake" the domain up now?

The domain looks like it is in some unknown state. This is the output
of 'xm list'
Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State   Time(s)
Domain-0                                     0   947     2     r-----   1540.2
win                                         11  1024     1     ------     54.2

Can anyone please help me with this?

Tom

* RE: How do i wake up a Windows VM, which went to S3 (sleep/standby)?
@ 2009-09-16 13:37 ` Cui, Dexuan
From: Cui, Dexuan @ 2009-09-16 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Rotenberg, xen-devel

You can try

# xm trigger s3resume Your_Domain_ID

Thanks,
-- Dexuan

@ 2009-09-16 13:38 ` Pasi Kärkkäinen
From: Pasi Kärkkäinen @ 2009-09-16 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Rotenberg; +Cc: xen-devel

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 04:31:37PM +0300, Tom Rotenberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using Xen with a few patches posted here for VGA pass-through.
> Now, after my Windows VM booted, i sent it into 'standby' (sleep/S3).
> Does anyone knows, how can i "wake" the domain up now?
>
> The domain looks like it is in some unknown state. This is the output
> of 'xm list'
> Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State   Time(s)
> Domain-0                                     0   947     2     r-----   1540.2
> win                                         11  1024     1     ------     54.2
>
> Can anyone please help me with this?

"xm start win" ?

-- Pasi

* Re: How do i wake up a Windows VM, which went to S3 (sleep/standby)?
@ 2009-09-16 13:43   ` Tom Rotenberg
From: Tom Rotenberg @ 2009-09-16 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cui, Dexuan; +Cc: xen-devel

Thanks! that worked!!