* [Qemu-devel] Git repositories
@ 2009-09-17 17:00 G 3
From: G 3 @ 2009-09-17 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

I was looking at the page Qemu.com and had a question. What is the
different between the QEMU 0.10 Stable tree and the QEMU master
repository? Which one do I want to apply patches to?

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Git repositories
@ 2009-09-17 17:44 ` Luiz Capitulino
From: Luiz Capitulino @ 2009-09-17 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: G 3; +Cc: qemu-devel

On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 13:00:06 -0400
G 3 <programmingkidx@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was looking at the page Qemu.com and had a question. What is the
> different between the QEMU 0.10 Stable tree and the QEMU master
> repository? Which one do I want to apply patches to?

 The stable tree only gets bug fixes and the master one is where
development takes place.

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Git repositories
@ 2009-09-17 18:36   ` Anthony Liguori
From: Anthony Liguori @ 2009-09-17 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luiz Capitulino; +Cc: G 3, qemu-devel

Luiz Capitulino wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 13:00:06 -0400
> G 3 <programmingkidx@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I was looking at the page Qemu.com and had a question. What is the
>> different between the QEMU 0.10 Stable tree and the QEMU master
>> repository? Which one do I want to apply patches to?
>>

>  The stable tree only gets bug fixes and the master one is where
> development takes place.

The 0.10 stable tree is for the 0.10.x series which is now community
supported.  If you have a patch that applies to 0.10.x but not to
master, then you should send a patch against that tree.

We've not encountered that scenario so far.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Git repositories
@ 2009-09-17 19:29     ` Nathan Baum
From: Nathan Baum @ 2009-09-17 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anthony Liguori; +Cc: qemu-devel

On Thu, 2009-09-17 at 13:36 -0500, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> Luiz Capitulino wrote:
> > On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 13:00:06 -0400
> > G 3 <programmingkidx@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> >> I was looking at the page Qemu.com and had a question. What is the
> >> different between the QEMU 0.10 Stable tree and the QEMU master
> >> repository? Which one do I want to apply patches to?
> >>

> >  The stable tree only gets bug fixes and the master one is where
> > development takes place.
> >

> The 0.10 stable tree is for the 0.10.x series which is now community
> supported.  If you have a patch that applies to 0.10.x but not to
> master, then you should send a patch against that tree.

A search of the list reveals that in February you said the repo on
Savannah would eventually be the official tree. Has that happened yet?

I ask because I'm wondering which tree I should diff against if I submit
a patch. qemu.com's master repo hasn't seen any activity since the end
of July, whilst savannah is busy right now, but I didn't find anything
in the archives announcing the move had happened.

@ 2009-09-17 19:49       ` Anthony Liguori
From: Anthony Liguori @ 2009-09-17 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathan Baum; +Cc: qemu-devel

Nathan Baum wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-09-17 at 13:36 -0500, Anthony Liguori wrote:
>
>> Luiz Capitulino wrote:

>>>  The stable tree only gets bug fixes and the master one is where
>>> development takes place.
>>>

>> The 0.10 stable tree is for the 0.10.x series which is now community
>> supported.  If you have a patch that applies to 0.10.x but not to
>> master, then you should send a patch against that tree.
>>

> A search of the list reveals that in February you said the repo on
> Savannah would eventually be the official tree. Has that happened yet?

savannah's been the official tree for ages now.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori