* [ath9k-devel] ath9k disconnect problems with AR9280 chipset
@ 2009-09-21 17:09 Lubomir Schmidt
From: Lubomir Schmidt @ 2009-09-21 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

I have big disconnect problems. I use now actual 2.6.31 final kernel.
They just get "bit" smaller then with the RC's but they are definitely
there and make the internet connection extremely unstable. It
disconnect and connect again without any reason. Place have not
changed and signal strength is extremely good. Router at home have an
AR5008-3X Chipset inside and also runs on linux (produced by AVM). I
also have dicsonnect problems in the university. I am connected there
over wep and from there then with vpnc. Every time i loose the
connection i have to log in again into the cisco vpn and it seems like
i loose the connection every 3-5 minutes... The WLAN gets unusable...

I compile my kernel from source and maybe could help with testing and
solving that problem. On windows(dualboot) the connection works
without any problems.

Thanks

* [ath9k-devel] ath9k disconnect problems with AR9280 chipset
@ 2009-09-21 18:05 ` Moncef Mechri
From: Moncef Mechri @ 2009-09-21 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

it seems we have the same problem

https://lists.ath9k.org/pipermail/ath9k-devel/2009-September/002419.html

* [ath9k-devel] ath9k disconnect problems with AR9280 chipset
@ 2009-09-22 18:12   ` Kunal Gangakhedkar
From: Kunal Gangakhedkar @ 2009-09-22 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

As per this:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/414560/comments/20

this seems to be related to rfkill and power management implementation in ath9k.

It's a '+1 me too' for me:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/414560/comments/16
However, haven't yet tried disabling the rfkill and power mgmt to see
if it helps - didn't get time :(

Kunal

@ 2009-09-23 18:32     ` Lubomir Schmidt
From: Lubomir Schmidt @ 2009-09-23 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

I disabled the RF-Switch with taping off pin 20 of my wlan-card (pin
13 on mini-pci / pin 20 on mini-pcie). Now i have not so much
disconnects any more and only loose the connection on more heavy load
like watching videos on youtube or downlading files.

Here is an example where pin 20 on modern mini-pcie wlan-cards is:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ZKlSQm2j7TI/SOoLGpAiHLI/AAAAAAAAD0A/D4R-JH1Kjs8/s1600/DSC00055%2B(Custom).JPG

Maybe that helps someone :)

@ 2009-09-30 18:26       ` Lubomir Schmidt
From: Lubomir Schmidt @ 2009-09-30 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

The disconnect problems with my AR9280 seems to be fixed in 2.6.32_rc1

       [not found] <26977c6d0909151842j35d3d407q16f4afe018c8f708@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2009-09-16  1:49 ` Luis R. Rodriguez
From: Luis R. Rodriguez @ 2009-09-16  1:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 6:42 PM, Lubomir Schmidt
<gentoo.lubomir@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi. I saw that you are active working on the ath9k driver. I have big
> disconnect problems. I use now actual 2.6.31 final kernel. They just
> get "bit" smaller but they are definitely there and make the internet
> connection extremely unstable. From time to time it disconnects and
> connects again without any reason. Place have not changed and signal
> strength is extremely good. Router have an AR5008-3X Chipset inside
> and also runs on linux (produced by AVM).
>
> I compile my kernel from source and maybe could help with testing and
> solving that problem. On windows(dualboot) the connection works
> without any problems.

Please use the lists.

 Luis