* [U-Boot] Blackfin: UART on SPORT
@ 2009-09-23 13:41 Andreas Pretzsch
From: Andreas Pretzsch @ 2009-09-23 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

In Linux, there is support for a UART on a SPORT, see
linux-2.6.x/drivers/serial/bfin_sport_uart.[ch].
It can also be used as console.

In U-Boot, I cannot find similar code, therefore I'd like to ask if
anybody ported/implemented this for U-Boot already ?

If not, is there any objection not to port this code to U-Boot, given
that someone (which might be me) has some spare time for this ?

Thanks in advance,
  A. Pretzsch

--

carpe noctem engineering
Ingenieurbuero fuer Hard- & Software-Entwicklung Andreas Pretzsch
89231 Neu-Ulm, Germany                           email: apr at cn-eng.de

* [U-Boot] Blackfin: UART on SPORT
@ 2009-09-23 15:27 ` Mike Frysinger
From: Mike Frysinger @ 2009-09-23 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Wednesday 23 September 2009 09:41:26 Andreas Pretzsch wrote:
> In Linux, there is support for a UART on a SPORT, see
> linux-2.6.x/drivers/serial/bfin_sport_uart.[ch].
> It can also be used as console.
>
> In U-Boot, I cannot find similar code, therefore I'd like to ask if
> anybody ported/implemented this for U-Boot already ?
>
> If not, is there any objection not to port this code to U-Boot, given
> that someone (which might be me) has some spare time for this ?

we havent had any requests for this before which is why we havent done it.
ive opened a tracker item for it here:
http://blackfin.uclinux.org/gf/tracker/5552

this means we'll get to it at some point, but right now we dont have a
schedule for it.  so if someone (you?) posted a patch, we'd certainly
review/look into merging it.
-mike