* system xattrs in gfs2
@ 2009-09-26 16:39 Christoph Hellwig
From: Christoph Hellwig @ 2009-09-26 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steven Whitehouse; +Cc: linux-fsdevel

It looks like GFS2 allows userspace to set any system xattr, while
the other filesystems limit it to the two posix ACL xattrs.  I think
you'd be better off staying in line with the rest - should be
fairly easy after my xattr handler cleanups.

* Re: system xattrs in gfs2
@ 2009-09-28  7:24 ` Steven Whitehouse
From: Steven Whitehouse @ 2009-09-28  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christoph Hellwig; +Cc: linux-fsdevel

Hi,

On Sat, 2009-09-26 at 18:39 +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> It looks like GFS2 allows userspace to set any system xattr, while
> the other filesystems limit it to the two posix ACL xattrs.  I think
> you'd be better off staying in line with the rest - should be
> fairly easy after my xattr handler cleanups.

Yes, I agree. In fact I started working on a patch to fix this on
Friday. I have about half of a patch so far, so I hope it won't be too
long before this can be fixed,

Steve.