* [JGIT] patch-id
@ 2009-09-28 22:21 Nasser Grainawi
From: Nasser Grainawi @ 2009-09-28 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello again,

I'm trying to add a public getPatchId method to the jgit Patch class and I
came up with some questions. Shawn previously mentioned that Patch already
does the parsing of the patch; however, I can't quite wrap my head around
how/where/if data from that parsing is stored.

It seems Patch does some statistical number gathering, but at no point does
it store a 'slimmed-down' version of a patch. I had the idea to just iterate
over the FileHeader's and get the byte buffer of each, but I don't think
those buffers have the parsed data.

If I've mis-read the code (quite possible), someone please let me know.
Short of that, suggestions for how to go about acquiring/storing a parsed
representation of the data with maximal existing code re-use would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Nasser