* QemuOpts changes breaks multiple nic options
@ 2009-10-12 22:05 Tom Lendacky
From: Tom Lendacky @ 2009-10-12 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kvm

The recent change to QemuOpts for the -net nic option breaks specifying -net
nic,... more than once.  The net_init_nic function's return value in net.c is
a table index, which is non-zero after the first time it is called.  The
qemu_opts_foreach function in qemu-option.c receives the non-zero return value
and stops processing further -net options (like associated -net tap options).
It looks like the usb net function makes use of the index value, so the fix
might best be to have qemu_opts_foreach check for a return code < 0 as being
an error?

Tom Lendacky

* Re: QemuOpts changes breaks multiple nic options
@ 2009-10-13  8:58 ` Mark McLoughlin
From: Mark McLoughlin @ 2009-10-13  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Lendacky; +Cc: kvm

Hi Tom,

On Mon, 2009-10-12 at 17:05 -0500, Tom Lendacky wrote:
> The recent change to QemuOpts for the -net nic option breaks specifying -net
> nic,... more than once.  The net_init_nic function's return value in net.c is
> a table index, which is non-zero after the first time it is called.  The
> qemu_opts_foreach function in qemu-option.c receives the non-zero return value
> and stops processing further -net options (like associated -net tap options).
> It looks like the usb net function makes use of the index value, so the fix
> might best be to have qemu_opts_foreach check for a return code < 0 as being
> an error?

Thanks for the report; I sent a patch to qemu-devel yesterday:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2009-10/msg01070.html

Cheers,
Mark.