* A bug in gitview
@ 2009-11-07 20:50 Rafał Mużyło
From: Rafał Mużyło @ 2009-11-07 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

When I modified a html file, that was not utf-8
encoded and commited the changes, if I select
that particular commit in gitview, the content
isn't shown, an error is printed instead:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/gitview", line 1002, in _treeview_cursor_cb
    self.message_buffer.set_text(unicode(message, self.encoding).encode('utf-8'))
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xa4 in position 4723:
unexpected code byte:

That's of course correct, it's not utf8.
'git diff' simply shows that as hex values,
there's probably a way to do the same for
gitview.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-11-07 20:51 UTC | newest]