* Changing another process' UID
@ 2009-11-10  9:20 Enrico Weigelt
From: Enrico Weigelt @ 2009-11-10  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux kernel list

Hi folks,

for properly porting Plan9's factotum to Linux, I need some way
to change an running process's uid/gid.

Plan9 has special devices /dev/caphash and /dev/capuse for that.

Some time ago I chose to hack up a different, a bit more generic
way: adding special new uid / gid files to the /proc entries,
so another (root) process can change the uid of an already
running process.

I suppose there's a better way via Linux's caps api, isnt it ?

thx
	http://patches.metux.de/

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-11-10  9:28 UTC | newest]