* Samsung SoC / multimedia / allocating contiguous buffers
@ 2009-11-11  7:28 Harald Welte
From: Harald Welte @ 2009-11-11  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-samsung-soc

Dear list,

outlining the need for an allocator for physically contiguous memory in
order to properly support the various multimedia IP cores inside the
samsung SoCs.

In case you are interested in this discussion, it is started at
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.video-input-infrastructure
and refers to an original proposal at
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.video-input-infrastructure/10204

Regards,
	Harald.
--
- Harald Welte <laforge@gnumonks.org>           http://laforge.gnumonks.org/
                                                  (ETSI EN 300 175-7 Ch. A6)

* RE: Samsung SoC / multimedia / allocating contiguous buffers
@ 2009-11-11  7:46 ` Jinsung Yang
From: Jinsung Yang @ 2009-11-11  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Harald Welte', linux-samsung-soc

> outlining the need for an allocator for physically contiguous memory in
> order to properly support the various multimedia IP cores inside the
> samsung SoCs.

Yeah, good.
When I was in LPC2009 on Sep, there was 3 full days mini-summit of V4L2, and
there were many discussions about physically contiguous memory allocating
including PMM suggested by Samsung.
As a result of that discussion, linux-media will implement new buffer
architecture which named to 'Memory Pool' by Laurent Pinchart.
Also, in the linux-media list, the RFC of Memory Pool is available. We may
be interesting in there continuously.

Best Regards
--
Jinsung, Yang <jsgood.yang@samsung.com>