* linux-next: manual merge of the net/wireless trees with the wireless-current tree
@ 2009-11-11  2:01 ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2009-11-11  2:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Miller, netdev
  Cc: linux-next, linux-kernel, Wey-Yi Guy, John W. Linville

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the net tree got conflicts in
drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-1000.c,
drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-6000.c and
drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-core.h between commits in the
wireless-current tree and commits in the net (wireless) tree.

I used the versions from the net tree except where obvious additions
had been made in the wireless-current tree.   The fixes may not be
correct - someone should merge the wireless-current tree into the
net tree.
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr@canb.auug.org.au

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 198 bytes --]

From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2009-11-11  2:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Miller, netdev
  Cc: linux-next, linux-kernel, Wey-Yi Guy, John W. Linville

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the net tree got conflicts in
drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-1000.c,
drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-6000.c and
drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-core.h between commits in the
wireless-current tree and commits in the net (wireless) tree.

I used the versions from the net tree except where obvious additions
had been made in the wireless-current tree.   The fixes may not be
correct - someone should merge the wireless-current tree into the
net tree.
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr@canb.auug.org.au

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 198 bytes --]

* Re: linux-next: manual merge of the net/wireless trees with the wireless-current tree
  (?)
@ 2009-11-11 14:54 ` John W. Linville
From: John W. Linville @ 2009-11-11 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell
  Cc: David Miller, netdev, linux-next, linux-kernel, Wey-Yi Guy

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 01:01:19PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the net tree got conflicts in
> drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-1000.c,
> drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-6000.c and
> drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-core.h between commits in the
> wireless-current tree and commits in the net (wireless) tree.
>
> I used the versions from the net tree except where obvious additions
> had been made in the wireless-current tree.   The fixes may not be
> correct - someone should merge the wireless-current tree into the
> net tree.

Yeah, these conflicts should all be resolved by taking the bigger hunk.
The smaller hunk is duplicative because a patch that has already
been sent to net-next-2.6 is going to be sent for net-2.6 as well
(to support a regression fix).

I'll probably send the wireless-2.6 pull request today.  Perhaps after
Dave pulls that (and Linus pulls from him), Dave can pull net-2.6
into net-next-2.6 to resolve the issue.

John
linville@tuxdriver.com			might be all we have.  Be ready.