* udev and persistent-net.rules
@ 2009-11-22 10:53 Jancs
From: Jancs @ 2009-11-22 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-hotplug

Dear Sirs,

I am sure the question i have is nothing new, but i cannot find an
answer on it:

I have many DIY routers having 2 or more NICs and what drives me crazy
is udev's
stubborn enumeration of NICs to rules or features unknown to me. So,
every time after power cycle of after a long uptime and reboot, I get
eth0 and eth1 swapped.

Some time ago I just trashed udev as buggy thing, but now too many
things relies on it so I want to finally get some ideas on how to for
udev to use enumerations I need or how to disable enumeration of NIC
by udev to bee free to enumerate them accordind to my needs.

Regards-
Janis Eisaks

P.S. I use Slack64-13

* Re: udev and persistent-net.rules