* [Bridge] License Violation
@ 2009-11-28  5:35 Bennie Leonard
From: Bennie Leonard @ 2009-11-28  5:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: neon, miniupnp, wolkykim, andersen, ebase-devel, uwe, jt, bridge

To whom it may concern,

I thought I should notify you that a company called Xtreamer (
http://www.xtreamer.net) is violating a license agreement of which you are
the copyright holders.

This is a list of open source products they are using in the firmware for
their media streamer:
http://forum.xtreamer.net/mediawiki-1.15.1/index.php?title=Xtreamer_Source-code&section=3

*They have not released the source code for any of their 6 firmware
releases. They also do not include the license agreements or copyright
notices with any of their releases, and there are no links or references to
the various libraries they use. When I brought the issue up on their forums,
the thread was deleted.*

Please look into the situation.

Their firmware can be downloaded from
http://www.xtreamer.net/downloads/xtreamer/firmware.aspx

They can be contacted here http://shop.xtreamer.net/Support/contact.php

Please provide feedback.

Regards,

Bennie Leonard

* Re: [Bridge] License Violation
@ 2009-12-01 16:27 ` Stephen Hemminger
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2009-12-01 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bennie Leonard
  Cc: bridge, ebase-devel, jt, uwe, andersen, miniupnp, neon, wolkykim

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 07:35:39 +0200
Bennie Leonard <bennie.leonard@gmail.com> wrote:

> To whom it may concern,
>
> I thought I should notify you that a company called Xtreamer (
> http://www.xtreamer.net) is violating a license agreement of which you are
> the copyright holders.
>
> This is a list of open source products they are using in the firmware for
> their media streamer:
> http://forum.xtreamer.net/mediawiki-1.15.1/index.php?title=Xtreamer_Source-code&section=3
>
> *They have not released the source code for any of their 6 firmware
> releases. They also do not include the license agreements or copyright
> notices with any of their releases, and there are no links or references to
> the various libraries they use. When I brought the issue up on their forums,
> the thread was deleted.*
>
> Please look into the situation.
>
> Their firmware can be downloaded from
> http://www.xtreamer.net/downloads/xtreamer/firmware.aspx
>
> They can be contacted here http://shop.xtreamer.net/Support/contact.php
>
> Please provide feedback.
>
> Regards,
>
> Bennie Leonard

You will get more response for this by sending to: gpl-violations.org

--
What can I do if I encounter a GPL violation?

The gpl-violations.org project keeps track of reported GPL violations in its internal request tracking system. If you want to report an alleged violation, please write to license-violation@gpl-violations.org, and make sure to ``enable --verbose mode'', i.e. include as much details as possible.