* [git] Support for new DRI2 protocol
@ 2010-01-08 20:00 Jesse Barnes
From: Jesse Barnes @ 2010-01-08 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mesa3d-dev, dri-devel

DRI2 now has support for swapbuffers, OML_sync_control and events.
There's a git tree at git://people.freedesktop.org/~jbarnes/mesa with
support for the new requests that I'd like to push into Mesa master.

Can people take a look at make sure I don't have anything horribly
wrong?  I've tested it against both old and new X servers (that is,
servers with and w/o support for the new requests) and things seem
solid, so I think it's ready to go.

Building does require current dri2proto bits (all of which are in
dri2proto master); I should probably spin a release of that just to
make things easy.

http://p.sf.net/sfu/verizon-dev2dev

* Re: [git] Support for new DRI2 protocol
@ 2010-01-12 18:21 ` Jesse Barnes
From: Jesse Barnes @ 2010-01-12 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: dri-devel, mesa3d-dev

On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 12:00:47 -0800
Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@virtuousgeek.org> wrote:

> DRI2 now has support for swapbuffers, OML_sync_control and events.
> There's a git tree at git://people.freedesktop.org/~jbarnes/mesa with
> support for the new requests that I'd like to push into Mesa master.
>
> Can people take a look at make sure I don't have anything horribly
> wrong?  I've tested it against both old and new X servers (that is,
> servers with and w/o support for the new requests) and things seem
> solid, so I think it's ready to go.
>
> Building does require current dri2proto bits (all of which are in
> dri2proto master); I should probably spin a release of that just to
> make things easy.

I pushed into master after Jakob and Kristian had a look yesterday.

I had to push a small fix afterward: mesa's autoconf wasn't checking
for the glproto version, but now that we require 1.4.11 to build I
added a check for it.  The pull also included a check for dri2proto
2.2, which is required as well.

http://p.sf.net/sfu/verizon-dev2dev

* Re: [Mesa3d-dev] [git] Support for new DRI2 protocol
@ 2010-01-13  1:37   ` Dan Nicholson
From: Dan Nicholson @ 2010-01-13  1:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jesse Barnes; +Cc: dri-devel, mesa3d-dev

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 10:21 AM, Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@virtuousgeek.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 12:00:47 -0800
> Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@virtuousgeek.org> wrote:
>
>> DRI2 now has support for swapbuffers, OML_sync_control and events.
>> There's a git tree at git://people.freedesktop.org/~jbarnes/mesa with
>> support for the new requests that I'd like to push into Mesa master.
>>
>> Can people take a look at make sure I don't have anything horribly
>> wrong?  I've tested it against both old and new X servers (that is,
>> servers with and w/o support for the new requests) and things seem
>> solid, so I think it's ready to go.
>>
>> Building does require current dri2proto bits (all of which are in
>> dri2proto master); I should probably spin a release of that just to
>> make things easy.
>
> I pushed into master after Jakob and Kristian had a look yesterday.
>
> I had to push a small fix afterward: mesa's autoconf wasn't checking
> for the glproto version, but now that we require 1.4.11 to build I
> added a check for it.  The pull also included a check for dri2proto
> 2.2, which is required as well.

Jesse, for the glproto check, I think it should be folded into the
DRI2PROTO pkg-config check so that the CFLAGS get pulled in correctly
when building. As it is, we check for the correct glproto, but don't
actually use the returned CFLAGS anywhere. I can make the change
later, but I don't have access to my box that's actually set up right
now.

--
Dan

* Re: [git] Support for new DRI2 protocol
@ 2010-01-13  1:49     ` Jesse Barnes
From: Jesse Barnes @ 2010-01-13  1:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Nicholson; +Cc: dri-devel, mesa3d-dev

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 17:37:35 -0800
Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 10:21 AM, Jesse Barnes
> <jbarnes@virtuousgeek.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 12:00:47 -0800
> > Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@virtuousgeek.org> wrote:
> >
> >> DRI2 now has support for swapbuffers, OML_sync_control and events.
> >> There's a git tree at git://people.freedesktop.org/~jbarnes/mesa
> >> with support for the new requests that I'd like to push into Mesa
> >> master.
> >>
> >> Can people take a look at make sure I don't have anything horribly
> >> wrong?  I've tested it against both old and new X servers (that is,
> >> servers with and w/o support for the new requests) and things seem
> >> solid, so I think it's ready to go.
> >>
> >> Building does require current dri2proto bits (all of which are in
> >> dri2proto master); I should probably spin a release of that just to
> >> make things easy.
> >
> > I pushed into master after Jakob and Kristian had a look yesterday.
> >
> > I had to push a small fix afterward: mesa's autoconf wasn't checking
> > for the glproto version, but now that we require 1.4.11 to build I
> > added a check for it.  The pull also included a check for dri2proto
> > 2.2, which is required as well.
>
> Jesse, for the glproto check, I think it should be folded into the
> DRI2PROTO pkg-config check so that the CFLAGS get pulled in correctly
> when building. As it is, we check for the correct glproto, but don't
> actually use the returned CFLAGS anywhere. I can make the change
> later, but I don't have access to my box that's actually set up right
> now.

Oh yeah good point.  I can try to make that change too unless you beat
me to it (I won't have time until tomorrow).