* mdadm vesions and linux kernel correspondance
@ 2010-02-10 17:28 Keld Simonsen
From: Keld Simonsen @ 2010-02-10 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-raid

Hi

Is there some bindings between mdadm and which versions of the kernel
it can work with?

I am running kernel 2.6.18 and 2.6.22 - would the newest mdadm source
run without problems here?

best regards
keld

* Re: mdadm vesions and linux kernel correspondance
@ 2010-02-16  1:27 ` Neil Brown
From: Neil Brown @ 2010-02-16  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Keld Simonsen; +Cc: linux-raid

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 18:28:41 +0100
Keld Simonsen <keld@keldix.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Is there some bindings between mdadm and which versions of the kernel
> it can work with?

There shouldn't be.  When mdadm tries to use functionality that is only in
certain kernels, it either copes correctly with failure, or tests for the
kernel version.

> I am running kernel 2.6.18 and 2.6.22 - would the newest mdadm source
> run without problems here?

It should do.  However I don't test against older kernels, so I cannot make
guarantees.

NeilBrown