* git-svn writing mergeinfo
@ 2010-02-11 17:10 Stephen Haberman
From: Stephen Haberman @ 2010-02-11 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Hi,

I just stumbled across the mergeinfo support coming in git 1.7. Looks
like very awesome stuff for those of us using git as a better-than-svn
svn client.

Trying 1.7-rc2 locally, I can see mergeinfo properties getting read.

But the killer feature of doing a git merge --no-ff/git svn dcommit
doesn't seem to generate and write mergeinfo properties back to svn.
Unless I'm doing something wrong.

Are there any plans for this, even if svn's model means only in
a limited form? E.g. no multi-parent/reflective/etc.

I was really surprised to learn that Bazaar writes mergeinfo back to
svn [1]--I had assumed a DAG-based DVCS would just never get that good
of svn interop. So, seeing that Bazaar does something like this gives
me hope that git could do it eventually as well.

Thanks,
Stephen

[1]: http://wiki.bazaar.canonical.com/BzrForeignBranches/Subversion

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-02-11 17:19 UTC | newest]