* [RFC] Release Plan for ERTM, Streaming Mode, FCS and SAR on L2CAP
@ 2010-03-23 20:39 Gustavo F. Padovan
From: Gustavo F. Padovan @ 2010-03-23 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth; +Cc: marcel

Hi People,

I was thinking about a release plan for Enhanced Retransmission Mode,
Streaming Mode, Frame Check Sequence(FCS) and Segmentation and
Reassembly(SAR).

2.6.35: Upstream Streaming Mode, FCS, SAR and add a sub-menu option
to L2CAP at Kconfig for ERTM with an EXPERIMENTAL flag. So we will have
a chance to test ERTM more intensively.

2.6.36: Upstream ERTM. After that ERTM will be the default mode with
SOCK_STREAM and also enabled by default under L2CAP. If you think it's
not worth release Streaming Mode, FCS and SAR without ERTM we can
upstream them together on 2.6.36.

Comments, ideas?

--
Gustavo F. Padovan
http://padovan.org

* RE: [RFC] Release Plan for ERTM, Streaming Mode, FCS and SAR on L2CAP
@ 2010-03-23 23:36 ` Mike Tsai
From: Mike Tsai @ 2010-03-23 23:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gustavo F. Padovan, linux-bluetooth; +Cc: marcel

Hi Gus,

	My comments will be that it is probably better to implement eRTM mode first because many existing implementations do not support stream mode but definitely support eRTM mode.

	You shall be able to verify the testing with Bluetooth SIG PTS,

Thanks,

Mike

@ 2010-03-24  0:57   ` Gustavo F. Padovan
From: Gustavo F. Padovan @ 2010-03-24  0:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Tsai; +Cc: linux-bluetooth, marcel

Hi Mike,

Again, no top posting, please. ;)

* Mike Tsai <Mike.Tsai@Atheros.com> [2010-03-23 16:36:46 -0700]:

> Hi Gus,
>
> 	My comments will be that it is probably better to implement eRTM mode first because many existing implementations do not support stream mode but definitely support eRTM mode.

They are under development already. Streaming Mode, FCS and SAR is
implemented and need some stabilization, heavy tests and bug fixes only.
ERTM is not completely done and need some work on it already. That's why
I wanna delay ERTM's upstream.

> 	You shall be able to verify the testing with Bluetooth SIG PTS,

Sure. The code will be tested with PTS before go upstream.

> Thanks,
>
> Mike

Gustavo F. Padovan
http://padovan.org