* Add repos but not as normal files, not submodule
@ 2010-04-14  4:11 Antony Stubbs
From: Antony Stubbs @ 2010-04-14  4:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git; +Cc: illegalargument

Hi there.

I have a special situation (maven git scm provider) where I have sub directories with git repps in them which I use as data to run tests on.

Is it possible to track these "internal" repos without using submodules?

The only alternative I see is to compress all the test repos in an archive and track that - but that's not nice.

Upon trying to "Add" the internal repos to track, I get error: Invalid path
for example:
antony-stubbss-macbook-pro-4:buildnumber-maven-plugin antonystubbs$ git add src/test/test-repositories/git/branch-tests-japanese/.git/config
error: Invalid path 'src/test/test-repositories/git/branch-tests-japanese/.git/config'
error: unable to add src/test/test-repositories/git/branch-tests-japanese/.git/config to index
fatal: adding files failed

The reason I don't want to do submodules is that I don't want to have the submodules as serperate projects as such, because they're not. they're "test data" so to speak.

Cheers,
Antony.