* linux0.01 build failed
@ 2010-04-14 16:18 Sameer Rahmani
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Sameer Rahmani @ 2010-04-14 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernel-janitors

hi i'm try to build linux0.01 but i get this error :

error :
http://dpaste.com/183807/

makefile:
http://dpaste.com/183801/

gcc: 4.x amd64

* Re: linux0.01 build failed
@ 2010-04-15 10:39 ` Håkon Løvdal
From: Håkon Løvdal @ 2010-04-15 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernel-janitors

On 14 April 2010 18:06, Sameer Rahmani <lxsameer@gmail.com> wrote:
> error :
> http://dpaste.com/183807/
>
> makefile:
> http://dpaste.com/183801/

Please do not use such temporarely storage services for posts
to public mailing lists. In the future when someone wants to
research and investigate what the kernel janitors were doing
in 2010, that content will almost certainly be gone.

BR Håkon Løvdal

* Re: linux0.01 build failed
@ 2010-04-15 15:12 ` Randy Dunlap
From: Randy Dunlap @ 2010-04-15 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernel-janitors

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 12:39:03 +0200 Håkon Løvdal wrote:

> On 14 April 2010 18:06, Sameer Rahmani <lxsameer@gmail.com> wrote:
> > error :
> > http://dpaste.com/183807/
> >
> > makefile:
> > http://dpaste.com/183801/

I'm pretty sure that you need the tools (gcc, as or whatever assembler
was used back then).  Are you using them?

> Please do not use such temporarely storage services for posts
> to public mailing lists. In the future when someone wants to
> research and investigate what the kernel janitors were doing
> in 2010, that content will almost certainly be gone.

---
~Randy

* Re: linux0.01 build failed
@ 2010-04-16  3:36 ` anubhav rakshit
From: anubhav rakshit @ 2010-04-16  3:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernel-janitors

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 9:36 PM, Sameer Rahmani <lxsameer@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi i'm try to build linux0.01 but i get this error :
>
> error :
> http://dpaste.com/183807/
>
> makefile:
> http://dpaste.com/183801/
>
> gcc: 4.x amd64

I do not think 64 bit would ever work with that kernel.

Anubhav Rakshit