* support for micron MT9[M/T]xxx sensors with CY7C68013 (Cypress FX2) bridge cameras
@ 2010-04-27 15:29 Tiemen
From: Tiemen @ 2010-04-27 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

Hello developers,

I recently got hold of two USB c-mount cameras with Micron CMOS chips.
One is a Mightex MCE-B013 (MT9M001 sensor), the other a development
kit with MT9T031 sensor. I had hoped to use these with v4l2, as
drivers for these sensors are in the code tree. Initial attemps to use
these with the sn9c20x driver failed, and the reason became clear when
I inspected the hardware: both cameras use the CY7C68013A (a.k.a
EZ-USB FX2) bridge. v4l supports this chip when it is combined with
Omnivision sensors, cfr. `OVFX2' in ov519.c.

Now, the LinuxTV Wiki, section `How to add support for a device',
suggests that support attempts might be more feasible if drivers for
individual components are available. But I am not sure if this also
applies for a microcontroller like the FX2. Thus I wanted to ask:

- Is somebody already working on support for such cameras?

- Can it be assumed that the FX2 will function the same, regardless of
which sensor (Micron vs. Omnivision) is attached to it?

Thank you,

Tiemen

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-04-27 16:27 UTC | newest]