* [B.A.T.M.A.N.] sysfs & debugfs
@ 2010-05-21 22:53 Marek Lindner
From: Marek Lindner @ 2010-05-21 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The list for a Better Approach To Mobile Ad-hoc Networking

thanks to Sven's patches we made the transition to debugfs rather quickly. All
batman tables (originator table / gateway table / translation tables) and the
vis data output have been relocated to debugfs. Even the former batman device
(used for layer2 icmp data) has been moved to debugfs which brings us an
important step closer to the multiple mesh support.

@Andrew: I attached the revised sysfs ABI files. Do you think it is feasible to
get these last patches into 2.6.35 ?

Cheers,
Marek

[-- Attachment #2: sysfs-class-net-batman-adv --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 565 bytes --]

What:           /sys/class/net/<iface>/batman-adv/mesh_iface
Date:           May 2010
Contact:        Marek Lindner <lindner_marek@yahoo.de>
                The /sys/class/net/<iface>/batman-adv/mesh_iface file
                displays the batman mesh interface this <iface>
                currently is associated with.

What:           /sys/class/net/<iface>/batman-adv/iface_status
Date:           May 2010
Contact:        Marek Lindner <lindner_marek@yahoo.de>
                Indicates the status of <iface> as it is seen by batman.

[-- Attachment #3: sysfs-class-net-mesh --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 1227 bytes --]

What:           /sys/class/net/<mesh_iface>/mesh/aggregated_ogms
Date:           May 2010
Contact:        Marek Lindner <lindner_marek@yahoo.de>
                Indicates whether the batman protocol messages of the
                mesh <mesh_iface> shall be aggregated or not.

What:           /sys/class/net/<mesh_iface>/mesh/orig_interval
Date:           May 2010
Contact:        Marek Lindner <lindner_marek@yahoo.de>
                Defines the interval in milliseconds in which batman
                sends its protocol messages.

What:           /sys/class/net/<mesh_iface>/mesh/vis_mode
Date:           May 2010
Contact:        Marek Lindner <lindner_marek@yahoo.de>
                Each batman node only maintains information about its
                own local neighborhood, therefore generating graphs
                showing the topology of the entire mesh is not easily
                feasible without having a central instance to collect
                the local topologies from all nodes. This file allows
                to activate the collecting (server) mode. Once
                activated the topology can be retrieved by reading
                the vis_data file.

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] sysfs & debugfs
@ 2010-05-22  6:44 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2010-05-22  6:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marek Lindner, Sven Eckelmann
  Cc: The list for a Better Approach To Mobile Ad-hoc Networking

> @Andrew: I attached the revised sysfs ABI files. Do you think it is feasible to
> get these last patches into 2.6.35 ?

The merge window is still open, so it might be possible.

However i unfortunately don't have the time at the moment. Maybe Sven
could generate the patches against Linux next and submit them to Greg?

      Andrew

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] sysfs & debugfs
@ 2010-05-22  7:34   ` Sven Eckelmann
From: Sven Eckelmann @ 2010-05-22  7:34 UTC (permalink / raw)