* [Buildroot] Question concerning buildroot-libtool.patch
@ 2010-06-23 22:57 Peter Hüwe
From: Peter Hüwe @ 2010-06-23 22:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,

I just tried to bump pidgin/finch (instant messenger I've send a patch a whole
ago) to 2.7.1 but unfortunately building it fails while patching the
ltmain.sh.

>>>   Patching libtool

Applying buildroot-libtool.patch using plaintext:
patching file ltmain.sh
Hunk #1 FAILED at 273.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 5560.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 5904.
Hunk #5 succeeded at 8076 with fuzz 1 (offset 2453 lines).
Hunk #6 FAILED at 8401.
4 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file ltmain.sh.rej
Patch failed!  Please fix buildroot-libtool.patch!
make: *** [/avr/buildroot/output/build/pidgin-2.7.0/.stamp_patched] Error 1

It used to work with an older version of Buildroot (~ git 2010-05-14) - but as
far as I can see nothing has changed on the patch / or the pidgin source I've
used.

Any ideas how I can fix this? Unfortunately I'm not that into the whole
buildroot system (yet, but I'd like to learn and contribute to it).

It seems to compile fine without this patch (although I've not tested the
binary)

Thanks,
Peter

* [Buildroot] Question concerning buildroot-libtool.patch
@ 2010-06-24  7:25 ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2010-06-24  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello,

On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 00:57:46 +0200
Peter H?we <PeterHuewe@gmx.de> wrote:

> It used to work with an older version of Buildroot (~ git 2010-05-14) - but as
> far as I can see nothing has changed on the patch / or the pidgin source I've
> used.

I don't see how it's possible that the same patch doesn't apply on the
same codebase as before. Our buildroot-libtool.patch hasn't changed for
years. Something must have changed somewhere :)

> Any ideas how I can fix this? Unfortunately I'm not that into the whole
> buildroot system (yet, but I'd like to learn and contribute to it).

You can use

<pkg>_LIBTOOL_PATCH=NO to disable the buildroot-libtool.patch on this
specific <pkg>.

Regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com

* [Buildroot] Question concerning buildroot-libtool.patch
@ 2010-06-24 11:35   ` Peter Hüwe
From: Peter Hüwe @ 2010-06-24 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Thomas > Something must have changed somewhere :)
Yeah that might be possible - since I can't get it to work with an older
version of buildroot either.

As my development system is my normal home pc, it is quite prune to updates
and changes :)
Since I've just graduated and thus unemployed setting up a dedicated
development environment isn't an option unfortunately :/

Thomas > You can use <pkg>_LIBTOOL_PATCH=NO to disable the
Thomas > buildroot-libtool.patch on > this  specific <pkg>.

Seems to work - I'll create a new patch for pidgin, including a version bump
too :)

Thanks,
Peter

@ 2010-06-24 14:03     ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2010-06-24 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello,

On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 13:35:53 +0200
Peter H?we <PeterHuewe@gmx.de> wrote:

> As my development system is my normal home pc, it is quite prune to updates
> and changes :)
> Since I've just graduated and thus unemployed setting up a dedicated
> development environment isn't an option unfortunately :/

You can always create a chroot to have a clean build environment.
However, it's nice to have people testing things in non-clean
environments, since those are much closer to the reality than minimal
chroots.

Thomas