* CONNMARK getsockopt/setsockopt functionality
@ 2010-07-21  7:20 Daniel Wagner
From: Daniel Wagner @ 2010-07-21  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev

Hi,

There used to be a way to mark packets in userspace by invoking the
setsocketopt with SO_CONNMARK as it was proposed by Krisztian [1].
This code was superseeded by Jan's work [2]. Now I wonder how I get
the same result out of the new code. Something with conditions?

thanks,
daniel

[1] http://lists.netfilter.org/pipermail/netfilter-devel/2004-May/015385.html
[2] http://www.kerneltrap.com/mailarchive/git-commits-head/2009/9/14/4291

* Re: CONNMARK getsockopt/setsockopt functionality
@ 2010-07-23 14:50 ` Daniel Wagner
From: Daniel Wagner @ 2010-07-23 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev

Hi,

> There used to be a way to mark packets in userspace by invoking the
> setsocketopt with SO_CONNMARK as it was proposed by Krisztian [1].
> This code was superseeded by Jan's work [2]. Now I wonder how I get
> the same result out of the new code. Something with conditions?

Silly me, the above statement is completely wrong. I was looking for
SO_MARK which is obviously still there. Sorry for the noise.

thanks,
daniel