* Booting MPC8377ERBD from NAND flash
@ 2010-08-04 11:19 Ravi Gupta
From: Ravi Gupta @ 2010-08-04 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linuxppc-dev

I am trying to boot MPC8377ERBD freescale board from NAND flash. As per its
specifications, it supports NAND boot but it there is no support for NAND
boot in the BSP(confirmed with freescale also). Now I decided to modify BSP
myself to support NAND boot and I am confused that from where should I
start. Please suggest.

Thanks in advance
Ravi Gupta

* RE: Booting MPC8377ERBD from NAND flash
@ 2010-08-04 14:34 ` Jenkins, Clive
From: Jenkins, Clive @ 2010-08-04 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ravi Gupta, linuxppc-dev

> I am trying to boot MPC8377ERBD freescale board from NAND flash.
> As per its specifications, it supports NAND boot but it there is
> no support for NAND boot in the BSP(confirmed with freescale also).
> Now I decided to modify BSP myself to support NAND boot and I am
> confused that from where should I start. Please suggest.

Read this
http://www.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN3201.pdf
and other documentation on the Freescale site
=20
Clive=20

* Re: Booting MPC8377ERBD from NAND flash
@ 2010-08-04 16:16   ` Scott Wood
From: Scott Wood @ 2010-08-04 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jenkins, Clive; +Cc: Ravi Gupta, linuxppc-dev

On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 15:34:59 +0100
"Jenkins, Clive" <Clive.Jenkins@xerox.com> wrote:

> > I am trying to boot MPC8377ERBD freescale board from NAND flash.
> > As per its specifications, it supports NAND boot but it there is
> > no support for NAND boot in the BSP(confirmed with freescale also).
> > Now I decided to modify BSP myself to support NAND boot and I am
> > confused that from where should I start. Please suggest.
>
> Read this
> http://www.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN3201.pdf
> and other documentation on the Freescale site

That's a bit outdated on the software side.  Look under the nand_spl
directory in u-boot; you should see several boards to use as examples.

If possible, I suggest working with the latest upstream u-boot rather
than what comes with the BSP.

If you have further questions, ask at u-boot@lists.denx.de.

-Scott