* Intel HDMI audio stops after 15 minutes
@ 2010-08-04 17:35 Shane W
From: Shane W @ 2010-08-04 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel; +Cc: Wu Fengguang

Hey all,

On my Intel DG45 mainboard (Yamaha RX-v1800 receiver) I am
now only getting audio for about 15 minutes before it stops
and I have to restart the X server. Playing a movie with
audio works fine but playing an mp3 has the cutout. Is
there a new power saving mode or the like that has crept
in?

Best,
Shane

* Re: Intel HDMI audio stops after 15 minutes
@ 2010-08-04 19:40 ` Paul Menzel
From: Paul Menzel @ 2010-08-04 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Dear Shane,

Am Mittwoch, den 04.08.2010, 10:35 -0700 schrieb Shane W:

> On my Intel DG45 mainboard (Yamaha RX-v1800 receiver) I am
> now only getting audio for about 15 minutes before it stops
> and I have to restart the X server. Playing a movie with
> audio works fine but playing an mp3 has the cutout. Is
> there a new power saving mode or the like that has crept
> in?

from your message I am guessing that it worked before. If that was true,
it would the developers if you told them the versions of the relevant
components (ALSA, Linux, …).

Thanks,

Paul

* Re: Intel HDMI audio stops after 15 minutes
@ 2010-08-05  1:02 ` Wu Fengguang
From: Wu Fengguang @ 2010-08-05  1:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shane W; +Cc: alsa-devel

On Thu, Aug 05, 2010 at 01:35:09AM +0800, Shane W wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> On my Intel DG45 mainboard (Yamaha RX-v1800 receiver) I am
> now only getting audio for about 15 minutes before it stops
> and I have to restart the X server. Playing a movie with
> audio works fine but playing an mp3 has the cutout. Is
> there a new power saving mode or the like that has crept
> in?

Did the screen go off at the same time?

I was also fighting with it with a bunch of options

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier      "Configured Monitor"
        option          "DPMS"  "false"
EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
        #                       minutes
        Option "BlankTime"      "100"
        Option "StandbyTime"    "300"
        Option "SuspendTime"    "400"
        Option "OffTime"        "500"
EndSection

Thanks,
Fengguang

* Re: Intel HDMI audio stops after 15 minutes
@ 2010-08-05  2:41   ` VDR User
From: VDR User @ 2010-08-05  2:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wu Fengguang; +Cc: alsa-devel, Shane W

If it's screen blanking then add these to the `Section "ServerLayout"`
of your xorg conf:

        Option          "BlankTime"     "0"
        Option          "StandbyTime"   "0"
        Option          "SuspendTime"   "0"